Just Another Rant

Perhaps a bit of topic...

...but I just wish this whole shit was done with.

D&P have obviously been w*nkers in the whole process. Lie after lie, for whatever reason.

SDM & Whyte have has us & lots of innocent people over a barrell.

Miller spoke out of his sphinkter.

Green (the name alone makes me cringe) looks so far to be Scotlands equal to the Labour parties Alaister Cambell for all his spin.

We don't know who or what is backing us. I REALLY worry that this is all going to happen again soon.

There was a time when I was wee, when I used to turn on the radio on a Saturday afternoon & wait impatiently for the results to come in on my English radio, far from Scotland. They always used to put Scotland on last, after the English results. I remember I used to wonder why it was always that way. Amongst oher things, I will always have a certain distain for the English for that.

I used to look forward to when my Da got home from work on a Monday because he'd have the Record (only paper we could get down here at the time) and we'd read the match reports. The joy on seeing Jim Bett or Sandy Jardines names, even though times were rough. Just to see a mention of Rangers was enough. The times were hard, but although painful, it didn't matter. They were there, fighting away.

And me & my Da used to snigger at the English too. They used to tell us that Celtic were a catholic team, Rangers a protestant team. Don't get me wrong, I know some reading this will hate catholics, and that's up to you, but me & my Da had some priest chuck water on our heads & call us catholics. What p*sses me off though, if there is a God, why does he do this crap? Killing babies, wars, killing fotball clubs.

Some of my family are Celtic supporters, the other half support Rangers (the catholic/protestant thing doesn't seem to have any correlation). We even have an uncle that supports St Mirren. But generally, we all support Scottish football.

I read on the internet various stuff about how Rangers should be punished, how we've not been punished enough. How integity in football is at stake, how we need to be made an example of.

Fair enough I say. Under the current laws/attitudes, yes we f*cked up. There is sh*t loads of tax that hasn't been paid, people have suffered. We have employed players that we couldn't afford. Hands up. Yes, theoretically we could have finished bottom of the SPL.

But like I said at the start, I've had enough. Just dish out the sh*t and let us get on with it.

I used to be very objectional to the idea of being anywhere but the SPL. Now however, I don't care anymore. I'm just sick of it.

All I want is for those that own our club to either beleive in who we are or f*ck off. In what division we play is no longer an isuue to me.

We are not here for milking, there are no profits to be had by ripping our fanbase off. If someone does find a way, it will not last for long. We ARE the people, Rangers is OUR club and always will be.

Do any of you remember when McCoist was playing for us, right back ages ago? I do. We were SH*TE. I used to spend a small fortune coming up every week I could (am sure I was only paying £3-00 to get in). It all looked so bleak back then. We were like some 2nd div team, and there seemed no way out.

But we did come back, didn't we. I won't analyse the reasons, but we did bounce back.

We will again.

I'm sat here, in a domestic violence refuge in Wales (of all places). My daughter needs crutches to walk, I got no job, nor any prospect of getting one. We don't even have the money to move out. It's shit.

But as much as things are shit, either this coming season or the season after....Rangers will be playing football somewhere. And I shall be sat next to my radio, with some stoneage wire sticking out the back, trying to tune in to get the fitbaw results.

There always has, and always will be a Rangers.

I don't give two s*ts if they say our history is gone.

I have my memories, most of the matches I ever went to were not so good, but it was still Rangers. No matter what happens in this fog filled future, the landscape of my life has been shaped by the club that is and always will be, Rangers. And that name will sing its rythmn in my ears forever.

WATP

Perhaps a bit of topic...

...but I just wish this whole shit was done with.

D&P have obviously been w*nkers in the whole process. Lie after lie, for whatever reason.

SDM & Whyte have has us & lots of innocent people over a barrell.

Miller spoke out of his sphinkter.

Green (the name alone makes me cringe) looks so far to be Scotlands equal to the Labour parties Alaister Cambell for all his spin.

We don't know who or what is backing us. I REALLY worry that this is all going to happen again soon.

There was a time when I was wee, when I used to turn on the radio on a Saturday afternoon & wait impatiently for the results to come in on my English radio, far from Scotland. They always used to put Scotland on last, after the English results. I remember I used to wonder why it was always that way. Amongst oher things, I will always have a certain distain for the English for that.

I used to look forward to when my Da got home from work on a Monday because he'd have the Record (only paper we could get down here at the time) and we'd read the match reports. The joy on seeing Jim Bett or Sandy Jardines names, even though times were rough. Just to see a mention of Rangers was enough. The times were hard, but although painful, it didn't matter. They were there, fighting away.

And me & my Da used to snigger at the English too. They used to tell us that Celtic were a catholic team, Rangers a protestant team. Don't get me wrong, I know some reading this will hate catholics, and that's up to you, but me & my Da had some priest chuck water on our heads & call us catholics. What p*sses me off though, if there is a God, why does he do this crap? Killing babies, wars, killing fotball clubs.

Some of my family are Celtic supporters, the other half support Rangers (the catholic/protestant thing doesn't seem to have any correlation). We even have an uncle that supports St Mirren. But generally, we all support Scottish football.

I read on the internet various stuff about how Rangers should be punished, how we've not been punished enough. How integity in football is at stake, how we need to be made an example of.

Fair enough I say. Under the current laws/attitudes, yes we f*cked up. There is sh*t loads of tax that hasn't been paid, people have suffered. We have employed players that we couldn't afford. Hands up. Yes, theoretically we could have finished bottom of the SPL.

But like I said at the start, I've had enough. Just dish out the sh*t and let us get on with it.

I used to be very objectional to the idea of being anywhere but the SPL. Now however, I don't care anymore. I'm just sick of it.

All I want is for those that own our club to either beleive in who we are or f*ck off. In what division we play is no longer an isuue to me.

We are not here for milking, there are no profits to be had by ripping our fanbase off. If someone does find a way, it will not last for long. We ARE the people, Rangers is OUR club and always will be.

Do any of you remember when McCoist was playing for us, right back ages ago? I do. We were SH*TE. I used to spend a small fortune coming up every week I could (am sure I was only paying £3-00 to get in). It all looked so bleak back then. We were like some 2nd div team, and there seemed no way out.

But we did come back, didn't we. I won't analyse the reasons, but we did bounce back.

We will again.

I'm sat here, in a domestic violence refuge in Wales (of all places). My daughter needs crutches to walk, I got no job, nor any prospect of getting one. We don't even have the money to move out. It's shit.

But as much as things are shit, either this coming season or the season after....Rangers will be playing football somewhere. And I shall be sat next to my radio, with some stoneage wire sticking out the back, trying to tune in to get the fitbaw results.

There always has, and always will be a Rangers.

I don't give two s*ts if they say our history is gone.

I have my memories, most of the matches I ever went to were not so good, but it was still Rangers. No matter what happens in this fog filled future, the landscape of my life has been shaped by the club that is and always will be, Rangers. And that name will sing its rythmn in my ears forever.

WATP

Classic post mate. There's so much there I can empathise with. I too came down to England at a tender age and have some Catholic cousins who support Keltic.

Frankie - any chance you can put this on main site?

Guest Dutchy

A truly heart felt post which has more to do with the state of this country's economic system and not helped indeed by our teams predicament.

I do have one point to criticise though. We're not as yet guilty, in the eyes of the law at least of cheating in the buying of players. We produced accounts stating we used these EBT's. The question only is, did SDM use them incorrectly?

These judges seem to be taking forever to let us know if we are indeed criminals???

Classic post mate. There's so much there I can empathise with. I too came down to England at a tender age and have some Catholic cousins who support Keltic.

Frankie - any chance you can put this on main site?

Thanks Alex, you have an English accent too then!

A truly heart felt post which has more to do with the state of this country's economic system and not helped indeed by our teams predicament.

I do have one point to criticise though. We're not as yet guilty, in the eyes of the law at least of cheating in the buying of players. We produced accounts stating we used these EBT's. The question only is, did SDM use them incorrectly?

These judges seem to be taking forever to let us know if we are indeed criminals???

Sorry Dutchy, I was referring to the Whyte's tax bill. Should have made it clearer.

F*ck the judges. I'm not a criminal. A football club cannot be a criminal. But Whyte? Guilty as f*ck.

I can empathise with a lot of that as well although my journey brought me to Holland instead of England. The older members will be getting fed up with me telling this but before the days of the computer I used to go and sit in the car on football days and nights as the car radio seemed to be the only radio I could manage to get BBC Scotland on. Even then it golfed from a strong listenable signal to a weak unintelligible signal. It always seemed to be when something was happening and the commentator got excited that it seemed to become unintelligible leaving me to pull my hair out wondering what was happening. What a culture shock it was for me when the beeb and ITV came out from under the Sky umbrella and I could get most of the British TV and radio channels over the satellite dish. The computer has of course has brought me even closer to the club I love.

I can even vaguely remember my first game at Ibrox. It was against Kilmarnock and we won 2-0. I am not sure how old I was but I know I was on my fathers shoulders for long periods so I must still have been quite young. My first OF game was the disaster game and I was only allowed to go to that as I could go with my cousin and use his fathers season ticket for the main stand.

Living in Yorkhill street I could walk down to the Haugh Ferry in about 15 minutes so I went regularly alone to Ibrox as a kid and asked people to give me a lift over the turnstile into the game. I always watched the game from behind the goal Rangers were shooting into. In those days you could walk from one end to the other. I can only remember having good banter with the visiting supporters everyone seemed to be able to stand together in these days, what a difference from the hate filled atmosphere of today. There used to be a turnstile from the Broomloan road end into the enclosure and even up to the main stand in these days and I can even remember getting all the way up to the main stand by getting lift-overs although between the enclosure and the main stand was just a metal gate with a steward at it to let people who had bought a ticket in.

In later years I spent most of the time in the enclosure but I have never had a season ticket as in those days you simply did not need one. I remember standing in the freezing cold with the crowd down to about 15.000 at the end of the season wishing the club would buy some big name foreign players to break Celtics dominance. Willie Waddell stated then that rebuilding Ibrox was more important to him than buying expensive players.

My last game before I came to Holland was the 1980 cup final, famous for the Rangers and Celtic supporters fighting on the park and the mounted police charging up and down the park. The thing that got me was that some supporters started throwing bottles which were just raining down on our own supporters at the front of the terrace. I got my back against one of the pillars so I wouldn't get hit but I never could understand the reason for throwing bottles when the chance of hitting a Celtic supporter was non-existant. Not that that would have made it okay to do it at all.

I have witnessed good times and bad but nothing apart from the disaster could get any worse than how I feel at the moment. I just wish they would take their last kick and let us get back to rebuilding. If they give Celtic 7 of our titles(I would fight it through the courts before they did) then it will just be changing numbers they can never feel the joy of victory that we enjoyed. They can only win tainted trophey's Rangers are and always will be the greatest club in Scotland.