If the SPL really want Rangers in the first division, surley all they have to do is deduct 100 points from last seasons total? This would result in Dunfermline staying up and Rangers being relegated.

When I suggested the same thing on another thread (50pts would be sufficient iirc) the response from other posters who apparently know more than myself was that points deductions couldn't be retrospective.

The way I see it though is that in the interest of 'sporting integrity' under mob rule, they can do pretty much anything they like.

SEVERAL First Division clubs made their feelings known this week that they DONâ??T want to see Rangers newco in their league.

0 comment

Related Stories

Jamie first to go as Stoke swoop

JAMIE NESS became the first Gers rebel to find a club after sealing a move to Stoke

Green facing a £40m loss

Mine wonâ??t be an empty peg

Brown urges fans to boycott

Icons: Snub season tickets

Itâ??s Ful time for Al as four quit

Scottish Sun Sport

scotsunsport

scotsunsport Ibrox icons stuck the boot into Greenâ??s Gers newco and told fans: DONâ??T buy your season tickets from this man: bit.ly/MRA0AD23 hours ago · reply · retweet · favorite

scotsunsport Rangers were booted out of the SPL as the race for their wantaway players gathers momentum: bit.ly/KzB9J02 days ago · reply · retweet · favorite

scotsunsport Kenny Shiels revealed last night Kilmarnock will take a crushing £1million hit from an SPL snub for newco Rangers: bit.ly/Ml85dC2 days ago · reply · retweet · favorite

scotsunsport Tearful Steven Whittaker and Steven Naismith walked out on Rangers yesterday insisting: We HAD to go: bit.ly/OcTL7w2 days ago · reply · retweet · favorite

scotsunsport Ian Durrant believes that the player may leave Rangers, but Rangers will never leave the player: bit.ly/LsVlRd2 days ago · reply · retweet · favorite

Join the conversation

With the SFL looking at the possibility of parachuting the Ibrox side into the division, SunSport gauges the feelings of all ten clubs.

COWDENBEATH â?? Chairman Donald Findlay said: â??Financially, it would be good for Cowdenbeath â?? and it would be great for our players to get two trips to Ibrox.

â??I donâ??t know if the Third Division would be able to cope with Rangers.â?

VERDICT: YES

DUMBARTON â?? Sons boss Alan Adamson has said he would love to face Rangers on the opening day of the season, but the club have not made any official statement on their stance.

VERDICT: UNDECIDED

DUNDEE â?? The Dens men have kept their own counsel throughout and are just treating things as business as usual while they await news on whether they will be promoted.

DUNFERMLINE â?? Pars chairman John Yorkston said: â??We have no stance on it yet as we are taking feedback from our supporters at the moment and will then make a decision.â?

FALKIRK â?? Chairman Martin Ritchie said: â??It would be totally unacceptable if Rangers newco were accepted into the First Division.â?

VERDICT: NO

HAMILTON â?? An Accies spokesman said: â??We have no comment on the matter until there is something for us to discuss after the SPL vote.â?

LIVINGSTON â?? Chairman Gordon McDougall said: â??If there is to be a vote on the Rangers newco situation then Iâ??m not at liberty to say who is for or who is against any application they may have to join the SFL.â?

MORTON â?? Ton chairman Douglas Rae said: â??I want to be clear that I do not think Rangers should go into the First Division.

â??I understand the feelings of a lot of people who have written in to me about this issue, and I feel similarly.â?

PARTICK THISTLE â??The Jags have not publicly stated their stance and a spokesperson said: â??The club are not commenting â?? but we will consult with our fans before we make any decision.â?

RAITH ROVERS â?? Chairman Turnbull Hutton said: â??We would have difficult supporting any move to put Rangers in the First Division given the history of what has happened.â?

Read more: http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/spl/4398891/Gers-facing-Div1-battle.html#ixzz1z2dPlmK5