Goian in Green talks on future

DORIN GOIAN will hold crunch talks with Rangers chief executive Charles Green before deciding on his Ibrox future.

The defender has returned to Glasgow ahead of the new season but his Gers future is still shrouded in uncertainty after the club were told they must play in the Irn-Bru Third Division next term.

Goian was expected to join the Ibrox exodus this summer just a year after joining from Palermo but insists he has not made up his mind just yet.

He said: "I am in Glasgow at the moment. I'm having a discussion with Mr Green as I need to find out what is happening. I want to stay here.

"But I need to find out what the situation is. Right now, though, I am in Glasgow."

Meanwhile, Sasa Papac looks certain to hang up his boots after a traumatic last season at Rangers.

The 32-year-old defender left Ibrox after six years and has yet to find a new club, despite interest from Osasuna.

He remains a member of the Bosnia squad and their manager Safet Susic wants Papac to carry on.

Susic said: "I spoke to him last week and he is closer to retiring than playing on.

"I tried to convince him to play, although I am aware last season he had a lot of problems with injuries and with a club that has fallen apart.

"What happened at Rangers hit him hard. His plan was to finish his career at Rangers, but that can't happen now."

http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/sport/goian-in-green-talks-on-future.18163375

I think I'll just delete this thread

On Monday, Dorin Goian’s agent told STV the Romanian defender will move on if the club remained in the bottom tier of the Scottish league system.

And Green admits the 31-year-old is likely to leave the club now. He added: “I spoke with Dorin yesterday and he has been fantastic throughout but it is unlikely that he would stay with Rangers playing in the Third Division.

“Clearly if he wanted to stay then we’d be delighted but for a player of his status and stature it is unlikely.”

http://sport.stv.tv/football/111094-charles-green-number-of-issues-between-rangers-and-sfa-over-club-licence/