SPL wants Rangers media rights or else NO Rangers.

Rangers' participation in Scottish football next season is not certain despite accepting a 12-month transfer ban from the Scottish FA.

Sevco Scotland, which now owns Rangers' assets after the old club headed for liquidation, needs SFA membership.

But it must also reach agreement with the Scottish Premier League.

The SPL, which rejected the new club's application to stay in the top flight, wants further sanctions and a share of Rangers' Division Three media rights.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18929983

Could be wrong here, but I don't think the SPL have a say in the matter.

They could, if they choose, deny us promotion to the SPL when the time comes but AFAIK they have no say whatsoever in either the transfer of our SFA membership or acceptance to the SFL. Pending that transfer we have already been admitted to the SFL.

I wouldn't put it past the SPL though to try and blackmail the SFL into giving them a share of the media rights by threatening, as they did recently in their 'proposal', to withhold settlement agreement funds.

Could be wrong here, but I don't think the SPL have a say in the matter.

They could, if they choose, deny us promotion to the SPL when the time comes but AFAIK they have no say whatsoever in either the transfer of our SFA membership or acceptance to the SFL. Pending that transfer we have already been admitted to the SFL.

I wouldn't put it past the SPL though to try and blackmail the SFL into giving them a share of the media rights by threatening, as they did recently in their 'proposal', to withhold settlement agreement funds.

I believe they have to agree to the transfer of Oldco's share to the SFL. The BBC say all three administrative bodies plus D&F and Sevco have to agree to this.

Sounds like they (SPL) are blackmailing us, in the knowledge that we have to reach an agreement next week. What possible right can they have to SFL media rights? If that's the way they want it, we should make it clear that any corporate sponsors considering the SPL will be boycotted by Rangers fans unless this nonsense is stopped now.

I believe they have to agree to the transfer of Oldco's share to the SFL. The BBC say all three administrative bodies plus D&F and Sevco have to agree to this.

They rejected the requested transfer from oldco to newco of our share in the SPL. That's why we're no longer in the SPL. The SFL doesn't need our SPL share to be transferred or any form of endorsement whatsoever from the SPL in order to accept us into div3 as they have already done.

They rejected the requested transfer from oldco to newco of our share in the SPL. That's why we're no longer in the SPL. The SFL doesn't need our SPL share to be transferred or any form of endorsement whatsoever from the SPL in order to accept us into div3 as they have already done.

The issue (if indeed there is one at all) may be that under the SFA's articles, member clubs are not allowed to be part of more than one affiliated association (ie SFL / SPL) at the same time. Even though the SFL has agreed to have us, that may mean that the SPL have to agree to "transfer" our membership in order that we meet the SFA's rules. What it would mean in practice if they didn't is beyond me.

The issue (if indeed there is one at all) may be that under the SFA's articles, member clubs are not allowed to be part of more than one affiliated association (ie SFL / SPL) at the same time. Even though the SFL has agreed to have us, that may mean that the SPL have to agree to "transfer" our membership in order that we meet the SFA's rules. What it would mean in practice if they didn't is beyond me.

There is no SPL membership to transfer. Rangers PLC (the oldco) had a share in the SPL. That share will now be transferred to Dundee. There is no history attached to the SPL share.

The BBC journo in this instance appears to have taken / used quotes, mainly from Malcolm Murray, out of context.