SPL still control our destiny

The SPL who wanted nothing to do with a Rangers newco, are taking an ugly interest in us.

SCOTTISH Football League chief executive David Longmuir will assess any offer from the Scottish Premier League for broadcasting rights to Rangers games in the Irn-Bru Third Division next season as the issue of media contracts threatens the Ibrox club’s bid for membership of the Scottish Football Association.

The possible stripping of trophies is another obstacle which could derail Rangers newco’s hopes of a place in the SFA, which has as a condition the acceptance of a 12-month transfer ban, originally handed out to Rangers oldco for bringing the game into disrepute. Before signing the membership agreement with the SFA, the Ibrox club want the SPL to drop their investigation into alleged dual contracts, while the SPL have their own concerns with regard to the SFL and Rangers’ media rights.

http://www.scotsman.com/sport/rangers-newco-sfl-awaiting-offers-for-tv-rights-to-rangers-games-1-2426886?showResult=true&pollContentId=7.36419

Not sure if I agree they control our destiny - if they want to buy our rights then sell them to a TV company, well, let them. It hardly matters to us where the money comes from, though how a body like the SPL, which cannot make its £2m annual payment to the SFL, can find the cash for our media rights is a bit odd.

The only control they have over us now is the dual contracts. If we man up to whatever the truth of that situation is, they have no leverage at all. No doubt another witch hunt would be the result, but (a) my memory of humping timmy will not be wiped if we are found to have broken the rules and (b) anything SPL is so devauled in my eyes that I'm getting past caring.

Guest Dutchy

I just get upset at the way the punishments seem to change everytime we begin to get ourselves organized.

It's interesting that it's only the SFA/SPL are the one groups not saying we should just get on with the football.

Enough is enough!

The SPL is in its final season. Mark my words. There'll be major reconstruction next summer

Totally agree there will be major reconstruction next year in which IMO we will be back in the top league,what we have to remember is we will have a weakened team and a transfer embargo so we will not be able to strengthen until the January window