Boca away.....Who for Captain?

DA, That's fantastically harsh on Jig. He's a decent player who rarely lets anyone down, regardless of the position he's played in. But quite apart from that, he's shown qualities on and off the park which I think make him a worthy Rangers captain; loyalty, commitment, leadership and a winning mentality.

I wouldn't want everyone in the team to play like him, but for where we are at the moment he's perfect and the obvious choice.

I'm not a fan of Jig as a midfielder or even defender....However, he has done well up front.

I also agree that he has shown great leadership both on & off the pitch in recent months. I am not a fan of your captain playing so far up the pitch. I believe the captain should be in a position whereby he can influence others ie midfield or defence.

i think it will be a toss up between Jig & Black.

DA, That's fantastically harsh on Jig. He's a decent player who rarely lets anyone down, regardless of the position he's played in. But quite apart from that, he's shown qualities on and off the park which I think make him a worthy Rangers captain; loyalty, commitment, leadership and a winning mentality.

I wouldn't want everyone in the team to play like him, but for where we are at the moment he's perfect and the obvious choice.

A terrible central midfielder, a left midfielder who contributes nothing and a striker with a horrific goal record. That's big Lee.

I'm not a fan of Jig as a midfielder or even defender....However, he has done well up front.

I also agree that he has shown great leadership both on & off the pitch in recent months. I am not a fan of your captain playing so far up the pitch. I believe the captain should be in a position whereby he can influence others ie midfield or defence.

i think it will be a toss up between Jig & Black.

Last I checked McCulloch has scored 14 goals for us in the league and he's now in his 6th season.

Last I checked McCulloch has scored 14 goals for us in the league and he's now in his 6th season.

26 goals in all competitions from 180 appearences, the majority of which have been as a holding midfielder, with some out wide, some at centre half and some up top. Doesn't sound that bad to me.

He played wide left for at least a season and turned into a holding player later on.

I'm only talking about his goal record because some people think he's some sort of top striker now.

He's a plodder that got to a far higher level than he should have. I don't think he's particularly good at anything, even heading.

How many headers has he actually scored for us? He never seems a danger at set pieces.

Plus when he played wide left, we played the most atrocious football ever. Long diagonals to him every game

He played wide left for at least a season and turned into a holding player later on.

I'm only talking about his goal record because some people think he's some sort of top striker now.

He's a plodder that got to a far higher level than he should have. I don't think he's particularly good at anything, even heading.

How many headers has he actually scored for us? He never seems a danger at set pieces.

Plus when he played wide left, we played the most atrocious football ever. Long diagonals to him every game

Think we'll need to agree to disagree on this one DA. If he's not even that good at heading, why did we use all the long diagonals to him when he was out wide? Don't get me wrong, he's no Messi, but for me at least the other personal attributes he brings more than make up for any on-field shortcomings.