Boca away.....Who for Captain?

Sorry for being a bit crass there but but I'm a bit sick of the McCulloch love in. He's a terrible footballer. Just because he looked a bit better when moved into attack last season, people seem to think he's potentially some sort of quality striker. Correct me if I'm wrong but the guy's only hit double figures in the league once in his entire career, and this is someone who has spent most of his time in the lower leagues.

He is absolutely woeful and was synonymous with the horrific football we played when he was at the left midfield

and in the central midfield

and in defence

Regardless of the rest this is nonsense.

he has been a pro for 15 years (since 1996) and played "lower league football" for just over 4 of those prior to this season. That is hardly "most" is it now....

With Templeton in our side the long ball will die. I might be putting Messi-esque ambition on the lad but fuck me, if he forces the end of long ball then I will be happy.....

Let's face it, the only thing that ever stopped Smith deploying shite football throughout 9iar was the individual brilliance of LAudrup, Gazza and co.......

Again you cant say that. Just signing and playing a flair player doesnt mean it will die. You need the other players to buy into the "ball on the deck" philosophy. It wont happen simply because we signed Templeton, although we obviously all hope it will !

A terrible central midfielder, a left midfielder who contributes nothing and a striker with a horrific goal record. That's big Lee.

How long in his career has he actually played up front though ? Not many, so no wonder he doesnt have a great scoring record !!

And aye, you were wrong, he has had 2 double digit seasons in his career and has had a couple of seasons with us where he has had 7, playing from midfield, which isnt that bad a record considering when he plays midfield for us it is as a holding midfielder. He also has 6 goals in 7 appearances this season whilst deployed as a striker - and despite playing against inferior opposition you can only score against what is put in front of you.

But dont let facts get in the way of your hate for the player.

Again you cant say that. Just signing and playing a flair player doesnt mean it will die. You need the other players to buy into the "ball on the deck" philosophy. It wont happen simply because we signed Templeton, although we obviously all hope it will !

I was pished and happy.

It WILL lead it less long balls though, as it did with Aluko.

Guest ibrox64
Got to be Jig. Did you see him run half the length of the park last week to give Alexander a rollicking for dribbling round the guy. It's got to be someone who can dish it out to anyone in the team if they are slacking. Can you see Black giving Jig a bollicking? Nothing wrong with having a second in command if Jig isn't playing. But its GOT to be him.

If Jig did this when Boca was captain and still there, I think it could be a good sign. Somebody has refocus the attention of other players when needed or redirect their energy.

How many headers has he actually scored for us? He never seems a danger at set pieces.

Scored one midweek and created our goal last weekend at Berwick from headers, from set pieces. 2 in 2 games... not too bad.

Plus when he played wide left, we played the most atrocious football ever. Long diagonals to him every game

You cant blame that on Jig though. It isnt as if he is playing the long diagonal up to himself is it ?

How long in his career has he actually played up front though ? Not many, so no wonder he doesnt have a great scoring record !!

And aye, you were wrong, he has had 2 double digit seasons in his career and has had a couple of seasons with us where he has had 7, playing from midfield, which isnt that bad a record considering when he plays midfield for us it is as a holding midfielder. He also has 6 goals in 7 appearances this season whilst deployed as a striker - and despite playing against inferior opposition you can only score against what is put in front of you.

But dont let facts get in the way of your hate for the player.

I have better things to do than argue about something clear as day.

And for the record he has hit double figures once in the league in his career, as I stipulated.

The sun is shining and there's cider to be drunk, see you later......

I have better things to do than argue about something clear as day.

And for the record he has hit double figures once in the league in his career, as I stipulated.

The sun is shining and there's cider to be drunk, see you later......

Fair point Re league career, I hadnt noticed that.

Still doesnt change that he has scored 6 in 7 appearances this season whilst playing up front. Still doesnt alter that much of his career has been played in less advanced roles, yet he still pops up with a few goals.

Each to his own, but I think Jig can do a job up front for us this season. Lets put it this way, I would prefer Jig to Kyle anyway - and if Sandaza plays like he did last weekend then I would prefer him to Sandaza too.