Why There Were Not More Signings

Think it was always around £40m. Over £20m in wages but I guess that's dropped dramatically now that we're in division 3.

Our wage bill has been slashed big time!!

I worked out just after the exodus of our top players and earners who refused to TUPE, that the wage bill would've almost instantly been reduced by about £10m, so that gives a rough figure before even thinking about other departures (and outward loan deals) vs signings.

Our wage bill has been slashed big time!!

I worked out just after the exodus of our top players and earners who refused to TUPE, that the wage bill would've almost instantly been reduced by about £10m, so that gives a rough figure before even thinking about other departures (and outward loan deals) vs signings.

Good.

Our wagebill was a joke for far too long.

Got the impression he wanted to see us through the SFL leagues to be honest.

What a player wants and what a player gets doesn't always amount to the same thing though. Novo is an example of that. If Novo couldn't get an appropriate new deal off us when he was only 31, why should Jig get one next year when he's 35?

What a player wants and what a player gets doesn't always amount to the same thing though. Novo is an example of that. If Novo couldn't get an appropriate new deal off us when he was only 31, why should Jig get one next year when he's 35?

Circumstances, leagues and executive management have all changed, that is why.

Circumstances, leagues and executive management have all changed, that is why.

I understand that, but it's still an interesting point to contemplate considering that Jig was handed a lucrative new 2 year deal when he was older than Nacho when he left due to only being offered a (reportedly reduced) one year deal.

The thing about Jig Craig, is I think we both agree (and many others will agree with this too) that he appears to normally be best utilized when played up front.

There's several problems with that because as I've said, he turns 35 in May and there's going to be questions getting asked about the sense in extending the contract of a 35 year old "forward". Then there's obviously the fact that he may well be made our new captain which kind of complicates things, although does make sense in the short-term for this season.