WCQ - Scotland v Serbia

Might be a 'touchy' subject right now as far as some 'Gers fans go, but can Scotland overcome the Serbs?

I can remember when qualifying for World Cups was a formality for Scotland. We used to get there more often than England, a dawdle really.

When Scotland qualified 5 times on the trot between 1974-1990 they were the only nation to do so along with Brazil.

Some may think this is an 'easy' group and qualification is possible, but I'm not so sure.

Right now with the players on tap I suppose there is every chance we'll get 2nd at best because Belgium will surely top the group with the players they have at their disposal.

Can Craig Levein bring out the best in our lot or will he truly cement his status as 'dickhead of the year'?

He already claims the title 'specky cunt of the year' so nothing is impossible.

C'mon Scotland. We Have A Dream.

We will be technically out classed by Serbia, Croatia and Belgium especially away from home. Those 3 are really good sides, Croatia were unlucky not to get our of their group in the Euros, yet the 2 that topped them went onto the final - says it all! I cant even see us winning in Wales or Macedonia.

However 2 years ago Id fancy us against Belgium, it bares the question how can a small nation like them improve and we cant. Then again thats a silly point because Belgium dont have the SFA running them even though they have a ridiculous league set up.

This is the least motivated for a campaign Ive ever been in my life. From the 80s when I can remember watching until 2012 Qualifiers Ive always been right up for the national team games. Its a combination of Levein and the SFA over Rangers.

I still hope we win but if we lose I wont be caring too much.

When we drew this group I thought its the best chance of qualifying for the WC since 98. No big boy in the group who are always a given to qualify. Its wide open betwen 3-4 nations of similiar quality.

I think it will be another campaign of 50000 singing to the Proclaimers at each game and we will end up as glorified losers again.

It all depends whether Levein's got the sense and the bottle to get the team playing to it's strengths. With the right player selections and the right tactics I don't see why we can't beat Serbia.

This is the least motivated for a campaign Ive ever been in my life.

Levein is making me feel that way too tbh. Listening to the boring prick is like being in a horse tranquilizer enduced coma.

Serbia likely (4-1-4-1)

•Stojkovic (Partizan Belgrade)

•Ivanovic (Chelsea), Bisevac (Lyon), Subotic (Dortmund), Kolarov (Man City)

•Mijailovic (Red Star)

•Tadic (Twente), Ninkovic (Kiev), Ignjovski (Bremen), Tosic (CSKA Moscow)

•Markovic (Partizan Belgrade)

They are going to be very tricky to score against. Their back four play for some top teams.

I think it will be another campaign of 50000 singing to the Proclaimers at each game and we will end up as glorified losers again.

They'll be changing the words of 500 miles to "Levein no mo-ahr, Houston no mo-ahr" etc before the group stage is even half way done. :D

They'll be changing the words of 500 miles to "Levein no mo-ahr, Houston no mo-ahr" etc before the group stage is even half way done. :D

:clap:

I would walk 500 miles to boot Leveins ass right out the door.......