Leggat - Herald And BBC In Celtic Cover-Up

I tend to agree with Leggat on this, it is exactly the kind of tenuous link some of the media love. The Herald or BBC Scotland not covering it doesn't surprise me or concern me to be honest, it's not really news and I wouldn't expect a broadsheet paper to make a big deal of it, likewise the BBC, however I'm really surprised some of the tabloids haven't. If there is criticism to be dished out then it's the Record and The Sun it should be directed at I'd have thought.

To be totally frank why someone hasn't forensically dissected Desmond's finances and investments is a mystery. He's so deeply entwined with the previous disgraced and discredited Irish government and all that went bad with the 'celtic tiger' he must have all sorts of skeletons rattling around.

I tend to agree with Leggat on this, it is exactly the kind of tenuous link some of the media love. The Herald or BBC Scotland not covering it doesn't surprise me or concern me to be honest, it's not really news and I wouldn't expect a broadsheet paper to make a big deal of it, likewise the BBC, however I'm really surprised some of the tabloids haven't. If there is criticism to be dished out then it's the Record and The Sun it should be directed at I'd have thought.

To be totally frank why someone hasn't forensically dissected Desmond's finances and investments is a mystery. He's so deeply entwined with the previous disgraced and discredited Irish government and all that went bad with the 'celtic tiger' he must have all sorts of skeletons rattling around.

journalists in scotland are terrified of celtic and all who work there. that and the fact most of them grew up supporting celtic.

journalists in scotland are terrified of celtic and all who work there. that and the fact most of them grew up supporting celtic.

There are plenty of journalists who didn't and even some editors too. I think sports journalists don't like upsetting clubs, it's not really in their interests which is why they tend to do it as a pack rather than as individuals. However outside of sport, business for example shouldn't have the same fear, the business section getting a fatwa from Parkhead is hardly going inconvenience them. To be fair so few of the papers even have a proper business section these days.

There are plenty of journalists who didn't and even some editors too. I think sports journalists don't like upsetting clubs, it's not really in their interests which is why they tend to do it as a pack rather than as individuals. However outside of sport, business for example shouldn't have the same fear, the business section getting a fatwa from Parkhead is hardly going inconvenience them. To be fair so few of the papers even have a proper business section these days.

can you name me some, every time a bit of dirt is dug up about any journo we are told they are celtic fans. of all the hundreds of sports journalists in scotland i can think of only 2 or 3 rangers men. for those 2 or 3 rangers men, i could probably name you 20 celtic men.

I prefer to see it as reality the world isn't out to get us, even though many seem to enjoy wallowing in that thought.

Never said anything about wallowing, but if your happy for our club to be constantly painted in a bad light by the media then each to their own.

Take it you don't mind when they blatantly lie either?

There are things in life and in general that I don't like, if the club is not going to defend us and itself what chance do I or any other fan have. Green has said a lot I haven't seen much substance, just to save you playing the he stepped up card, The Rangers would have survived with or without Green.

There are things in life and in general that I don't like, if the club is not going to defend us and itself what chance do I or any other fan have. Green has said a lot I haven't seen much substance, just to save you playing the he stepped up card, The Rangers would have survived with or without Green.

It starts with the normal Rangers fan in the street, we should be defending our club not the other way around.

It starts with the normal Rangers fan in the street, we should be defending our club not the other way around.

Across the city their club doesn't have much problem defending itself against whatever or whenever they feel perceived wrongs against them, maybe we should adopt their stance, after all our board must get paid for something even to tell the PR people to do their job.