Kal's Keeping It Simple

81b6b9d786160f9e0fbe112ee9324a81_S.jpg

TOMMY WILSON believes there is a lesson to be learned from Kal Naismith after the young forward staked another claim for a first team spot.

Naismith bagged a brace as Wilsonâ??s reserve side won 5-1 against Stenhousemuir last night and the reserve coach sees big strides in the 20-year-oldâ??s game.

The forward has moved closer to Ally McCoistâ??s first team with a positive display as a substitute at the weekend that drew praise from the manager.

And Wilson sees the progress in Naismithâ??s performances in recent months and hopes new recruit Francesco Stella can learn from that example.

He said: â??I thought Kalâ??s two goals were outstanding. Iâ??ve known him for a long time and seen him right through all the age group teams.

â??When he keeps the game simple, what an asset he is to the team. Last week he was a great foil for Kevin Kyle and this week he turned the possession that he had in to goals.

â??I said the same to Francesco Stella. Itâ??s a heavy jersey, the Rangers shirt and it will take him time to adjust to that because he has definitely got ability.

â??To be fair to Francesco, and Iâ??ve spoken to him a few times, heâ??s desperate to get in the first team and I think he feels if he can score a World Cup goal that will force his way in.

â??Iâ??ve been saying to him to learn from Kalâ??s example where he has gone the opposite way and simplified his game and that has led to first team appearances.â?

CLUBNEWS.jpg

Read more on the official site...

048b0b6f1b442b0a916fd7e5022b1905_S.jpg

KAL NAISMITH believes reserve football this season has moved him a step closer to being ready for Ally McCoistâ??s first team.

KAL NAISMITH believes reserve football this season has moved him a step closer to being ready for Ally McCoistâ??s first team.

The young forward is still looking for his first start for the Light Bluesâ?? top team but has impressed in recent substitute appearances.

He fired a fine double for the Reserves against Stenhousemuir on Tuesday night and feels the regular action against senior players is aiding his development.

Naismith said: â??Iâ??ve scored a few goals and itâ??s really helped me to get games regularly and to really work on my fitness in the games.*

â??The first team training is good but with the schedule itâ??s hard to do that extra running and you really only get that fitness from playing games.

â??The teams we face vary depending on what the oppositionâ??s first team is doing so sometimes itâ??s a young team and other times the senior guys make it a real challenge.â?

Ally McCoist had some words of encouragement for Naismith on the back of his performance against Peterhead and that has boosted the 20-year-oldâ??s hopes of breaking more regularly in to McCoistâ??s plans.

He added: â??It gives me confidence to hear that and I know that any time I do get a chance I just need to take it.*

â??Sometimes Iâ??m quite hard on myself and I thought I should maybe have had a goal or two on Saturday and I maybe need that just to kick on.

â??I know the team is playing well though and winning so I need to be patient. I got the goals in the reserves so Iâ??m feeling good and Iâ??ll be ready when the chance comes.â?

Naismith certainly didnâ??t waste any time in taking his chance on Tuesday night when he rifled in the opener with just 10 seconds on the clock at Auchenhowie.

He said: â??It must be one of the quickest weâ??ve got this season and definitely one of the fastest goals Iâ??ve ever scored.

â??Sometimes when you get a goal that early you maybe donâ??t stick to the game plan quite so well and can get a bit complacent.

â??It took us a wee while to get back in to the game but then we really should have had more goals but they were a young team and they gave us a good game.â?

CLUBNEWS.jpg

Read more on the official site...