Fans Slow On Uptake Of Gers Shares

Good point about waiting till we need it. If the IPO is as oversubscribed then Rangers will get the money anyway, if it's not, then the CEO is way out of line and do you really want to invest with that in mind?

I could spare the cash right now but I'm planning on doing some work on my house. I have enough for that too but what if it goes over-budget as these things do? So it's not a glib thing to spend a big chunk of money on, I'd be more inclined if it was half the amount. But I've yet to be convinced about the direction the management of the club and its funds is going and I agree with you on the remuneration of certain board members.

I'm appalled at the details of that loan earlier in the year and sickened by the salaries being paid - especially to someone who said he wasn't going to take one and would be making his money in shares - an amount that seems to be 3 to 5 million pounds.

Green has not hidden that he's here to make himself and others, "huge sums of money" and while he's doing a lot of stuff that ingratiates him with myself and other fans, someone being transparent about ripping you off hardly makes them benign.

There is in general very little money to be made out of football by businessmen and ownership is usually a very expensive luxury of a hobby. If someone finds a way make a goose that lays golden eggs out of it, it usually means they are scamming the money from a loyal supporter base.

The likes of Man U are now so huge compared to most other clubs that they can afford to skim hundreds of millions off their spending and still have a world class team on the pitch. We don't have that luxury.

If there was so much money to be made in Rangers in a legitimate way - why were there no offers for the club that we could really get behind?

All we seemed to get was a cash poor consortium, a rich rugby guy who looked more like he wanted publicity rather than an investment and few other dodgy businessmen who also looked like they wanted to fleece the fans.

Maybe I'm just not capitalist enough...

Seems a bit of a contradiction considering all the IPO money is staying in the club. Will you not go to matches on this same basis?

And what's the difference between directors being overpaid and players and coaches being overpaid? The wages footballers are on seem far more objectionable to me but it is what it is.

We're usually paying the players what they could expect to earn elsewhere - in fact that is mainly how their wages are negotiated. You can't say the same for the directors. You don't think we could get a director as good for less money?

When we have staff wages at £7m it seems strange to pay the board something like a third of that. Not many of our players are currently on £15k a week plus millions in share options.

We're usually paying the players what they could expect to earn elsewhere - in fact that is mainly how their wages are negotiated. You can't say the same for the directors. You don't think we could get a director as good for less money?

When we have staff wages at £7m it seems strange to pay the board something like a third of that. Not many of our players are currently on £15k a week plus millions in share options.

I'm not an expert but I've seen others say the payments really aren't that unusual.

My point is football in general is a high wage business, if we're going to get all high and mighty about it then the likes of Black should be treated the same way IMO.

On a personal note I'm a little surprised at your views cal, you're such a big advocate of cutting Ally McCoist some slack can Green not get some as well?

I don't really know what you mean about "cutting slack", I'm supportive of Green when he does alright and against him when I think he's taking the piss - the same goes for McCoist.

I don't recall McCoist doing anything similar.

PS I'm not pro-Ally or anti-Green, my opinions of them at any one time are based on their performances.

The point I keep making about McCoist is that under the circumstances he's doing alright and doesn't deserve the unfair criticism. I have praised Green quite often but I'm very disappointed about the IPO prospectus. However, I'm willing to be persuaded otherwise if someone can show my conclusions are misplaced.

I don't really know what you mean about "cutting slack", I'm supportive of Green when he does alright and against him when I think he's taking the piss - the same goes for McCoist.

I don't recall McCoist doing anything similar.

I just mean being quick to judge, condemn etc.

There's money to be made for Green but it can all be mutually beneficial, we need to at least give it some time.

Same as how Ally could still push on to be a great Rangers manager.

PPS I'd say the board payments are unusual in proportion to the club's staff costs. I though Bain's wage was outrageous at a club where the wage bill was 30m odd. These top that by a bit of a margin and are open ended in the share option aspect.

PS I'm not pro-Ally or anti-Green, my opinions of them at any one time are based on their performances.

The point I keep making about McCoist is that under the circumstances he's doing alright and doesn't deserve the unfair criticism. I have praised Green quite often but I'm very disappointed about the IPO prospectus. However, I'm willing to be persuaded otherwise if someone can show my conclusions are misplaced.

Well i took some time to write an article with a positive slant on the prospectus, don't know of you caught it.

PPS I'd say the board payments are unusual in proportion to the club's staff costs. I though Bain's wage was outrageous at a club where the wage bill was 30m odd. These top that by a bit of a margin and are open ended in the share option aspect.

Our wage bill will inevitably go up over the next 2, 3 years or so as the top flight looms. Even with the embargo pre-contract deals are being worked on.

Personally, I'm not shocked by what Green & Co. are making out of this. Seems to be fairly standard from what I have seen in industry. To get top quality management you need to pay the going rate. In fact, £350k is not that much but the options make it worthwhile.

What matters is not the fact of paying this kind of money but making sure these guys perform. And if they do, the value they will bring will far outweigh what they make. But, we also need to be able to get rid of them when they don't perform. We were not able to get rid of Murray when he lost over £140 million in just a few years and Bain never justified his salary either.

Failure of the support to invest in this IPO will make it much harder for us to hold management to account. That, in my view is the big downside of all this.