I predict a riot - Green blasts United ticket sales plan

You can also get blinded that all green does and says is right. He's got this one badly wrong in my opinion. Back in the spl, I can kind of understand because the home side keeps all the money, but not for a cup game. I stick by my opinion that dragging a charity into it was lacking class and dignity.

Right you've lost me with this argument, so in the SPL a boycott is ok because we don't get money and we would only be withholding money from D Utd. But in a cup because we get money that we don't want and give it to charity therefore withholding money from D Utd its wrong.

Green has made the gesture because we won't have any fans at the game but are due a cut of the total money raised from the game,he therefore has decided that we should not profit ,why would we give over our cut off any replay receipts when Ibrox will be full of our supporters.Your hatred for green is blinding you and to be honest he is going to be here for a while so for your sanity maybe you should forget about football and take up knitting

It wont affect my sanity. I honestly hope I'm wrong, more than anyone. We will have fans at the game, whether green or some of our support like it or not.

Right you've lost me with this argument, so in the SPL a boycott is ok because we don't get money and we would only be withholding money from D Utd. But in a cup because we get money that we don't want and give it to charity therefore withholding money from D Utd its wrong.

The only reason we dont want the money is because it's not a significant amount. Would he do the same for a cup game at the piggery. I doubt it very much.

I don't see why boycotting United means we have to boycott the tims. We are looking to hurt our enemies not hurt our own team. If we boycotted the piggery they would just fill it with their own supporters. It will take longer to hurt the tims but Rome wasn't built in a day.

CHARLES GREEN WILL attend Rangers’ Scottish Cup clash with Dundee United at Tannadice.

The Gers chief turned down their allocation for the fifth round tie in February as fans were set to boycott the game.

But Green wants to be there despite being in for a hot reception.

He said: “Of course I will go to Tannadice. I’m a director of the club so I’ve got a responsibility. There will be other directors who will travel.

“Most of them are businessmen and have other duties so the numbers vary from game to game.

“At the Elgin City match on Saturday, there were only two directors — myself and Ian Hart — with two other guests there, including Andy Cameron.

“It’s difficult. It was an early kick-off on Saturday so there are lots of different factors which dictate numbers.

“Some of the directors are in London so travel can be a factor — but I go to every game.

“I think that it’s my responsibility, it would be bad manners not to go in my opinion.

“I’m sure the welcome will be frosty — it’s frosty everywhere I go right now!

“I’ve never known it to be warm since I got to Scotland. I won’t be taking any extra security. Listen, I’m from the Yorkshire coal mines.

“But if it’s a warm reception for me up at Tannadice then that’s good because I am freezing at the moment.”

And last night further fuel was added to the already bitter relations between the two clubs at the moment.

United fired back at Green’s claims they are risking a riot at their Scottish Cup tie next year by revealing they have sold tickets to Gers fans for YEARS without any complaints from either parties.

The Ibrox chief blasted the Tannadice side for deciding to make briefs available to away fans despite their decision to refuse an allocation for the February clash.

Chief executive Green suggested that United ran the risk of selling tickets to thugs who could masquerade as Rangers supporters in order to cause trouble.

But the Tangerines insist they have always kept back at least 2000 tickets for sale from their club shop.

And they have also insisted they follow strict sales criteria, including asking for names and addresses of each buyer to check against banned lists of supporters.

The feeling within Tannadice is that Green is playing to the gallery on this issue and it’s HIM who has been stoking the flames of controversy with his input.

A spokesman said: “We were really surprised to read the comments from Rangers in Sunday’s newspapers.

“We have been selling tickets direct to Rangers fans for years and it hasn’t been a problem.

“And in selling those tickets we always ensure that we follow the proper criteria, so the normal security arrangements are undertaken. We can’t understand why such a big issue has been made of this.”

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/feeds/smartphone/scotland/4712057/Charles-Green-Ill-be-at-Tannadice-for-Rangers-cup-tie.html#ixzz2Fwrj3h75