Give me one moment in time

In life there are occasional moments, fleeting passages of opportunity, for an expression of ourselves, which tells the world all they need to know about us. About who we are, what we stand for, those things we cherish and defend with all we have. Such moments however rare, offer the complete stranger the opportunity to see into the very core of our being, and to make an assessment, a judgement of who we are. This video encapsulates one of those rare moments, and it is reproduced here with the kind permission of it's creator, Graeme.

I have had many proud moments in my life. The birth of my children, standing in Port Stanley being hugged by the people I had just liberated, this video however ranks up there with all the foregoing. It reminds me of a day when both my family of Rangers supporters and my club, who have been an ever present constant in my life, reminded me of all that I am and all that I stand for. Without compromise.

It is fitting it opens with Abide With Me. In the journey and adventure which is life itself, family, friends, loved ones will come and go. You will always return to Rangers, they will remain and offer themselves without demand, as a constant to us all in the journey of life. They will be the anchor which forever holds. Without compromise.

It is a video which represents the best life has to offer, fellowship, celebration, truth and honour. There is no stage management, nor is there anything cosmetic about it. No spin, no masks, no smoke, no mirrors. Just a genuine show of appreciation from the Rangers support for the men and women who never hide behind spin doctors, whose courage is defined by actions not by stage managed soundbites. It is a courage not motivated by self seeking or self glory but which is exercised time after time after time, that we might experience and enjoy that ,which so many throughout our world can only wish for, freedom itself. Without compromise.

One only has to the look at the faces of our brave men and women to grab a sense of the appreciation of their reception. If ever a picture paints a thousand words then this is the moment. Perhaps it was the military precision of the flawless card displays, which would have done any drill parade proud, perhaps it's the symbolism, banners or flags which so many could identify with. For culture does not live in books or soundbites, but in the hearts of people expressing it through flags, song, banner and symbolism. Without compromise. Without fear. Without intimidation.

In a year which has seen so many try to take away all which we stand for, all we represent, all we defend, we need only look to our guests at Ibrox this tribute day for inspiration, for resolution and for example.

On a day which HM Forces were guests of Rangers Football Club, and were asked to take a bow, it should perhaps serve as a reminder to everyone, that this football club and its support will never bow down to anyone, neither man born of woman, nor for that matter lie born of woman.

Edited by D'Artagnan