Charles Green in Stornoway Gazette

We have a Chairman and a CEO briefing against each other through the press and washing our dirty linen in public that's not the way we should be conducting our business let alone advocating that the rest of Scottish do likewise. The whole spectacle is unedifying and undignified, none of the parties involved or the club come out of this with their reputations enhanced.

Let's not kid ourselves the temporary breakout of entente cordiale in the boardroom has little to do with the corporate structure and governance but everything to do with maintaining our overvalued share price, City types won't take too kindly to one of their own being booted out and the market can't handle Green's holding being dumped on it.

We have a Chairman and a CEO briefing against each other through the press and washing our dirty linen in public that's not the way we should be conducting our business let alone advocating that the rest of Scottish do likewise. The whole spectacle is unedifying and undignified, none of the parties involved or the club come out of this with their reputations enhanced.

Let's not kid ourselves the temporary breakout of entente cordiale in the boardroom has little to do with the corporate structure and governance but everything to do with maintaining our overvalued share price, City types won't take too kindly to one of their own being booted out and the market can't handle Green's holding being dumped on it.

Would this post not be better placed in the Murray and Green thread? I'm not trying to sound like a mod wannabe and I know all threads go off off on a tangent, but you seem to have gone for this angle straight away. I made this thread to encourage discussion on the points Green was making about other clubs getting into financial trouble etc, not to talk more about his merits or our boardroom politics.

Would this post not be better placed in the Murray and Green thread? I'm not trying to sound like a mod wannabe and I know all threads go off off on a tangent, but you seem to have gone for this angle straight away. I made this thread to encourage discussion on the points Green was making about other clubs getting into financial trouble etc, not to talk more about his merits or our boardroom politics.

The point I'm making is entirely relevant to the thread and relates to the article you posted.

We should get our own dysfunctional house in order before attempting to rectify the other dysfunctional houses.

There is no right side in this sorry saga both parties are at fault and in an ideal world both should depart, nobody can be bigger than the club.

The point I'm making is entirely relevant to the thread and relates to the article you posted.

We should get our own dysfunctional house in order before attempting to rectify the other dysfunctional houses.

There is no right side in this sorry saga both parties are at fault and in an ideal world both should depart, nobody can be bigger than the club.

Whatever Green and Murray may have done wrong I'd still have them over Regan and Doncaster any day.

I wouldn't have any of them.

Have you got a dream CEO etc in mind then?

You're in business yourself, I doubt anyone is perfect are they? My dad certainly indicates that.

Our current regime need more time and the way the authorities have handled things here has made their job even tougher.

No, just somebody who's interested the the long term health and success of Rangers not how much they can suck out of the club, someone who'll dispense the unvarnished truth not fill our heads with pie in the sky crap and tell us what he thinks we want to hear.

You're in business yourself, I doubt anyone is perfect are they? My dad certainly indicates that.

My boss is a pure miserly slave wage paying moaning c*&t but since I'm self-employed his position is fairly secure.

Our current regime need more time and the way the authorities have handled things here has made their job even tougher.

Our current regime need to get their own house in order if we are to prevail in the battles ahead.

a rangers minded peter liewell would be nice!