fce954322fa92f3392ceef82384ee0e7_S.jpg

ALLY McCOIST is hopeful that injured stars Ross Perry and Lewis Macleod could be back in the top team before the end of the season.

It was feared that neither Perry nor Macleod would feature again in this campaign â?? especially Macleod.

Perry tore his hamstring two weeks ago but a scan has revealed it is not as bad as first feared and there is hope he could be back for the closing matches.

Similarly Macleod suffered a knee ligament injury against Montrose on January 26 and it was felt his season was over.

However, he is now back doing gym work and the talented midfield star is on the mend.

McCoist said: â??The good news for everyone is that Lewis Macleod is coming along nicely, heâ??s got the brace off and when heâ??s doing a little bit of work in the gym he puts it back on again.

â??Thatâ??s five weeks now and Ross Perryâ??s hamstring is also coming along.*

â??I would be hopeful although I donâ??t want to put any specific time on it because it is important they come back fit, thatâ??s all that matters.

â??But I must admit I would be very, very pleased if we can get them back in a Rangers jersey before the end of the season.â?

WATCH THE MANAGER'S INTERVIEW NOW ON RANGERSTV

Read more on the official site...

There shouldn't be any need to rush these guys back. With MacLeod in particular having suffered a serious injury the aim should just be to get him fully fit for training and prep' ahead of our pre-season, but there shouldn't be a need to rush him back for the final SFL3 games.

I would like to see more of the other young layers getting much more game time between now and the end of the season,Aird,Hemmings etc:,no need to rush anyone back as the title is won already.

Agree entirely with comments above. Rather than rush Macleod back, I would like to see Robbie Crawford get a wee run of games under his belt. I do think that he could be one of the few youngsters that could make it, when we get back into the top division.