Hegarty's happy to play Blues Brothers

CHRIS HEGARTY admits Rangers' friendly with Linfield tonight is a chance for the Gers to thank their Blues Brothers for helping them in the hour of need.

20756009.JPG

Ally McCoist's side have been regular visitors to Windsor Park on pre-season duty in recent years and headed across the water at the start of the campaign for a fund-raising fixture as the Ibrox outfit got back on their feet following administration.

The Northern Irish side will play at Ibrox for the first time this evening as the pair again square up in friendly action.

And former Dungannon Swifts youngster Hegarty is keen to say thank you to the Blues.

He said: "I made my senior debut for Rangers against Linfield last season so it will be good to play against them again and return the favour they did for us last year.

"It is a team coming over from back home and I know a few of the lads so it will be good to play against them. It will be a good run out for me.

"I knew Linfield and Rangers had big fanbases. You get a lot of Linfield fans that are Rangers fans. They are either at the Linfield game on a Saturday or getting on the boat for the Rangers game.

"A lot of the lads know Linfield raised a lot of money for us last year. That is why we have got to return the favour.

"A lot of the lads are looking forward to playing in the game. They pulled us out of a bit of hole.

"It is a good game to play in, there are a lot of fans of both sides. It is nice to return a favour to a club that is so close.

"It is good to have a club that will do things and help you out when you need a hand.

"We will return the favour and help them out when they need a hand."

http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/rangers/hegartys-happy-to-play-blues-brothers-120852n.20751622