Strachan talking sense again.

I never find it difficult to despise managers of that green and grey lot across the city, but even when 'wee Chesney' was in charge there and winning title after title I still couldn't muster up hatred for the man, although I was sick to the back teeth of him winning trophies for them I must add.

He has always struck me as an intelligent dignified person with no hidden agendas, someone who just got on with the job he was there to do, It was no surprise the fans of that club wanted him out because he wasn't 'Celtic minded'

He's always coming out with sensible stuff simple common sense to be exact.

What he had to say today about Scottish football and the direction it should be taking to save itself just cements my opinion of him.

He reckons Scottish Football needs to be split into full-time and part-time leagues if it is to find a straightforward solution to league reconstruction.

The Scotland manager today gave his opinion on the ongoing reform saga just a week after SPL proposals for a 12-12-18 format were voted out by St Mirren and Ross County.

He has urged the powers that be to be bold in their plans - and not just 'tamper' with the status quo.

Speaking at the launch of the PFA Scotland Manager of the Year Awards this afternoon, Strachan said: "If you are going to make change then make big changes - don't just tamper with it, do it properly and make it worthwhile.

"In my opinion, quite simply, make a league for all the full time clubs. These clubs are putting their money and their necks and jobs on the line and if you are part time you are not really doing that. You are really a community club if you are part time.

When a reporter asked "Should that include Rangers?"

He replied "Anyone who wants to be full time, anyone who wants to put up the money and bring money into the game and bring in sponsors, they have to be the priority.

"So make a league for everyone who wants to be full time and, if not, go and have your own league. You can still bring players through but be a community club.

"If at some stage you want to put your neck on the line and join the full time league then go for it.

"But at the moment I think that would simplify it all."

Yep...says it all really, he aint 'Celtic minded' that is for sure.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/gordon-strachan-calls-bold-reconstruction-1849761