Talk About 'Obsession'

Earlier today I google searched for something to do with Rangers and the 'search engine' highlighted a Celtic forum.

I know I shouldn't have done it but out of sheer curiosity I clicked on it. The forum which I won't name has a very similar layout to the Gersnet Forum, only difference is the colour scheme and obviously the comments.

The part I was directed to was a poll they are conducting on who they'd like as their next manager if TLB moves to Everton, there were about a dozen names to choose from.

I can't remember who was leading the poll with 36 votes but Ally McCoist was second choice on 32. I scrolled through some of the posts and found one dhims reason for selecting Ally was because he was the first manager in history to win 55 titles in one season.

Now that's funny - it's called football banter.

But there the banter ends....can you imagine Gersnet having a thread dedicated solely to THEM? No me neither, but that forum has one for us, just US!

As I said earlier the layout of their forum is similar to Gersnet, Where we have 'footy chat' they have 'scottish football chat'.

A thread in there started 17 June 2012 (11 months ago), I wont bother to give it's 'title' but it's full of hatred for Rangers, no surprise there...here are the stats of the thread:

Pages: 1,800 +

Replies: 27,000 +

Views: 1,655,000 + ???????

How much more obsessive can anything be?

Btw, I'd like to add - I will never 'click' on one of those forums ever again. I promise you.

Earlier today I google searched for something to do with Rangers and the 'search engine' highlighted a Celtic forum.

I know I shouldn't have done it but out of sheer curiosity I clicked on it. The forum which I won't name has a very similar layout to the Gersnet Forum, only difference is the colour scheme and obviously the comments.

The part I was directed to was a poll they are conducting on who they'd like as their next manager if TLB moves to Everton, there were about a dozen names to choose from.

I can't remember who was leading the poll with 36 votes but Ally McCoist was second choice on 32. I scrolled through some of the posts and found one dhims reason for selecting Ally was because he was the first manager in history to win 55 titles in one season.

Now that's funny - it's called football banter.

But there the banter ends....can you imagine Gersnet having a thread dedicated solely to THEM? No me neither, but that forum has one for us, just US!

As I said earlier the layout of their forum is similar to Gersnet, Where we have 'footy chat' they have 'scottish football chat'.

A thread in there started 17 June 2012 (11 months ago), I wont bother to give it's 'title' but it's full of hatred for Rangers, no surprise there...here are the stats of the thread:

Pages: 1,800 +

Replies: 27,000 +

Views: 1,655,000 + ???????

How much more obsessive can anything be?

Btw, I'd like to add - I will never 'click' on one of those forums ever again. I promise you.

were you surprised at what you read ? if so why ? maybe you don't know what these people are about or why they have these views of us. I maintain it's their upbringing in this country. They are taught to destest anything British which they'll never be a part of. They fly the flag of the neighbouring Irish state for reasons I believe are intended to be provocative & antagonistic towards us. I often wondered why they don't live in Ireland if it appeals to them so much but most real Irish people probably wouldn't want them.