Rangers and the SPFL

Guest Lloret1972

Guest Lloret1972

Will Rangers be full members of the new SPFL and not an associate member as they are of the present SFL? It is a new entity so It looks like they will.

we are according to ian blair in todays mail on sunday. or so i read on followfollow.

I wouldn't believe a word of what Ian Blair says. We have previous with him.

They need us for the money we bring but want us in the lowest league possible to allow Celtic a clear run at the title for as many seasons as possible. If we were associate members in the SFL I'd guess we'll be associate members in this new league whatever it's to be called

Guest Lloret1972

Can't find anything from Ian Blair in the online pages of the MoS. I wonder if the SPL cabal have inserted a clause in the 'marriage' of the SPL and SFL whereby clubs carry over their membership status. Yes I've changed my mind a bit after having given this some further thought.

Guest Nevergreen

There have been various reports that the associate membership has been discontinued, the SPL was formed as a company and the 12 members were each issued a share, now that the 30 clubs in the SFL have voted to join the SPL and form the SPFL they will all be issued a Share in the SPFL, this will give full membership,