Well, it all depends how the rules will be written for the SPFL. Then again, I am not sure whether it is listed in the SFL rules still out there.

NB: Checked and the result is No info given on that. Thus, you'd have to dig up e.g. Ramsden Cup results and check for that name trialist in there.

Edited by der Berliner

Thanks db...I checked last seasons Ramsdens cup as you advised, and got the answer to my question almost immediately from our game against Brechin City in the 1st round.

Black and Little were 'trialists' (although not listed as?) Black got booked and Little scored the opener - both were recorded into the record books.

...strangely enough, I checked the earlier games in the sfl3 division and not one 'trialist' appears on the team-sheets of any side. Have they dropped the 'trialist' term and now just list the player by name instead? Probably so. :)