Barry Ferguson

Guest Bluetooth

No problems with what is being said about Barry, but ffs i wish we had a team full of Barry Fergusons.I'm only trying to say, why do we blame players for the situation we are in ?.Things are not going to get better untill we have a leader,off the park,and get our club sorted out.Get rid of Barry if it will make us better,get rid of Hutton if it will make us better, get rid of whoever you like if it makes us better..............but it will be an never ending problem untill we get our club sorted out............i just want to know,as a season ticket holder, what is the future of Rangers FC ? :confused:

Only David Murray can give you the answer to that.

I don't know that barry is the fighter many think he is. I have seen him often this year letting players run away from him and jog at snail pace back to his own half.

He can be a world beater but if he plays as a third CB then we become too predictable and easy to defend against.

Only David Murray can give you the answer to that.

I don't know that barry is the fighter many think he is. I have seen him often this year letting players run away from him and jog at snail pace back to his own half.

He can be a world beater but if he plays as a third CB then we become too predictable and easy to defend against.

Pete, i know what you're saying, i just don't see the point in talking about,blaming,players mate.You're right, David Murray is the only man that can answer that, but this is the point i'm trying to make.Why are some fans willing to slag off players for the state we are in and not even question David Murray ?.If players can be questioned about if they are good enough for Rangers, then why can't the people that are runnning the club be hit with the same question ?.I don't hate DM, but if your times up your times up,you don't hold on to a player if they no longer want to be there :confused:

I agree with you Ian as i said in another post it is time for a new injection of enthousaism at management level(I mean club management). Unfortunately new club owners don't grow on trees and as far as i can gather there is not many interested. Murray has everything so tied up that it is not interesting for a rich businessman.

Over the last few weeks i would say that Barry Ferguson has been our best and most consistent performer. He's been picking the ball up from the defenders almost since he came into the Rangers team so I have no idea why it should suddenly be an issue now. That and his wee turn are the stables of his game. If you have someone who can spot a pass or dictate the play like Barry then surely you give them the ball???

If Le Guen wants the team to play from the back then it needs one of the midfielders to come deep to pick the ball off the defence. Some will argue that if Hemdani is playing at the back then he can bring it out of defence. However if he loses possession then your immediately caught short at the back, and our defence is gifting enough goals as it is at the moment.

Someone mentioned they wished he played more like Lampard does for Chelsea. Unfortunately I don't think Barry can do that for 90 mins after all the niggling injuries he's had over last season and a bit. He's definitely not the same player as a few seasons back when he hit 20 odd goals and was constantly supporting the attack but is still the best midfielder we have by a country mile.

Malky

Over the last few weeks i would say that Barry Ferguson has been our best and most consistent performer. He's been picking the ball up from the defenders almost since he came into the Rangers team so I have no idea why it should suddenly be an issue now. That and his wee turn are the stables of his game. If you have someone who can spot a pass or dictate the play like Barry then surely you give them the ball???

If Le Guen wants the team to play from the back then it needs one of the midfielders to come deep to pick the ball off the defence. Some will argue that if Hemdani is playing at the back then he can bring it out of defence. However if he loses possession then your immediately caught short at the back, and our defence is gifting enough goals as it is at the moment.

Someone mentioned they wished he played more like Lampard does for Chelsea. Unfortunately I don't think Barry can do that for 90 mins after all the niggling injuries he's had over last season and a bit. He's definitely not the same player as a few seasons back when he hit 20 odd goals and was constantly supporting the attack but is still the best midfielder we have by a country mile.

Malky

Good post Malky and one to disscuss.

We have the problem now of Hemdani with the ball, Barry comes and collects it and Clement is also in that area. It dosn't take a rocket scientist to work out that system won't work. Who is the one to change? Personally i believe having Hemdani at the back he has to be the one to feed the midfield. If he makes a mistake then you still have three defenders covering. Again i will give my vision on how i think it should work. When we have the ball Hemdani should move in front of the other defenders and be the 5th midfield player. When the other team have the ball he moves back and is the extra defender. Obviously if a wingback has made a forward run he remains a defender.

Then you have the choice Clement or Barry. Both playing deep is a waste of a player. Clement is the better defender, Barry is the better attacker.

In a perfect world it would work Barry deep Clement moves forward , Clement deep Barry moves forward.

That is not happening. We are stuck with absolutely no movement in the midfield,which means the strikers are marked constantly with the 4 defenders.

I disagree with Malky on 1 thing when he says we should not let hemdani take a chance because he may loose the ball. If you don't play the lotto you don't win. The perfect answer is Barry or clement at the back and Buffel behind the two strikers. Buffel is playing like a faggot so either he needs to get it together or we need an attacking midfielder and sell our Tommy.

If we had someone pulling players away from Boyd just think how many goals he would score.

Now you can see how important Dado is in the Clement Barry midfield.

He can hold a ball up for so long that even the slowest midfielders can come up.

Why has he got to take every free kick?

Why does he continually drop back and take the ball off the back four who are facing in the right direction when he is facing back to the keeper?

Why does he insist the play always comes through him?

It's because he is 'Mr. Rangers'. Didn't you know?

:admin: