I know it's funny when he gets names wrong and Jeff and the guys take the absolute pish out of him but what does he actually contribute? There was a point today in his analysis that I started to think that he is probably verging on full mental retardation. I mean ffs Demichelis is an Argentine internationalist that has played for Bayern and is now a regular for Man City, surely any football pundit should be capable of pronouncing his name? If I am doing a job I put a bit of planning into it and make sure I know what I am doing. He is going live on TV not knowing anything about what he is being paid to do. They may as well get Gazza's pal Jimmy Five Bellies on after 15 pints of stella to see what he has to say.

I think the joke has gone on a bit far now. He has nothing insightful to say and they need rid of him. His analysis is terrible and he struggles to pronounce any player's name that has more than one syllable.

Sky is a weird mix for me. You get the superb analysis from Carragher and Neville in games then Super Saturday is largely a joke really. Maybe that's the point? I just think Merson is completely unfit for the job.

Funny when he was trying to say Jovetic though! I agree with you though he doesnt add much if you are looking for in depth football analysis

Aye! That was the one I was trying to remember! He'd just struggled with Demichelis and then started stuttering before saying Jovetic. He actually looked embarrassed before saying it because everyone had been ripping it out of him. Someone patted him on the back when he was trying to say Jovetic. He's basically just a complete joke!

I quite like Merson as a pundit, he calls it as he see's it but I do watch the soccer Saturday review on the website and his mispronunciations are becoming tiresome.

Ive just bought his book 'how not to be a professiona footballer', 1 chapter is - don't move in with Gazza, so looking forward to reading it.