Carbon copy of Tuesday night. Down to 10 men and changes the occasion. Away team scores in 54th and 89th minute (Barca scored in same times).

But Arsenal were the better side first 30 mins and had they stayed to 11 men would have probably got a result.

Mesut Ozil - I think he would crawl back to Madrid right now, looks lost and unhappy. Wenger should have subbed him, now Santo Cazorla will be wondering what has he got to do.

Not buying Berbatov in January was silly, he'd have made the difference in a few games recently IMO. Draxler should have been scooped aswell but Podolski should be getting more game time.

Cant see anything other than Bayern in the last 8.

• 3 weeks later...

Arsenal out. A few on talksport saying Wenger should move on but based on this result its unfair. They got a draw in Bayern and were the better team in the first leg until the missed pen and sending off. If the first leg had went their way they would have went through.

He is just stubborn with not signing a striker and has horrendous luck with injuries. Walcott never completes a season, Ramsay was over played, Wilshire hasn't been fit for a full season, Ozil and Ox-Chamberlain both got injured tonight, Diaby is never fit.....had all these players been fit for the season they would still be in the title race for me.

Bayern were good for the win overall. The gulf between the Premiership and Germany/Spain is very significant at the moment. Chelsea will be the only team in the next round.

Before the draw for the quarters were made Man City were giving some people the feeling they were unbeatable but that's probably because they are playing the likes of Stoke and Newcastle. Come up against the European sides and it shows the standard in Europe is better than in England. The Premier league is the most entertaining but isn't the highest quality.

It wouldn't surprise me to see Chelsea and Man Utd follow Arsenal and City out. Chelsea still have a job to do and are odds on favourites but I wouldn't put it past Drogba to put them out.