Dundee Utd Likely To Make Over £1/4 Million, Due To Losing Last Night

Interesting post from FF for the conspiracy theorists!

Five Star Poster

Default Dundee Utd Likely To Make Over £1/4 Million, Due To Losing Last Night

Thought I would throw a Sporting Integrity Conspiracy Theory into the mix.

Going into last nights match, Dundee Utd were pretty much assured of making the Top 6 after the split, but are unlikely to catch the teams above them to gain a European place. In any case, the likes of Motherwell have recently complained that playing in the early Qualifying Rounds of the Europa League actually costs them money.

Last nights opponents Dundee, were sitting in 7th place. 2 points behind Hamilton Accies and 3 points behind St Johnstone. Having still to play Celtc before the split, if Dundee had lost last night, they would be unlikely to have made the Top 6, whereas a win last night guarantees them Top 6 status, if Utd beat Accies this weekend.

In short, if Utd had won last night, they would have had a meaningless post-split game against Accies, with a crowd of around 3,000.

Whereas, losing last night means that they are now likely to have a post-split home derby against Dundee with a 13,000 crowd and live TV revenue.

This will give them at least £250,000 more revenue, than a game v The Accies.

I didn't see the game last night, so have no idea how much they tried, but I saw the goals on Sky and their keeper certainly looked like he threw the first 2 goals in and the defence was a shambles at the third.

It would not surprise me if that speccy little Bar Steward was counting the pennies to be gained/lost pre-match.

Either way, it shows how ridiculous the split is, when a team could potentially make so much money, out of losing a game.

:ninja::smokin: