Bell & Templeton

Let's be honest here if cammy bell hadn't made that horendous mistake at Motherwell we wouldn't be hammering him all the time. Bell wasn't the same when he came back from his injury was he?..

Honestly, it was a nightmare for him and at the day for us, but nothing I would go ballistic about for years. The whole team f*cked up both games, so his mistake was "just" playing up to the same standards as the rest. But how often have we seen this, i.e. keepers scrambling back to the line and failing to make good contact?

The howlers in the play-off games against Motherwell weren't really Cammy Bell's fault. Zaliukas was more at fault than any other individual as his defending was terrible and it was his poor attempt at a block which looped the ball up over Cammy to send him scrambling backwards. Ultimately though, it was just a combination of poor all-round performances and a hefty slice of bad luck.

The howlers in the play-off games against Motherwell weren't really Cammy Bell's fault. Zaliukas was more at fault than any other individual as his defending was terrible and it was his poor attempt at a block which looped the ball up over Cammy to send him scrambling backwards. Ultimately though, it was just a combination of poor all-round performances and a hefty slice of bad luck.

So it was Zaliukas' fault not Bell's?

So it was Zaliukas' fault not Bell's?

I'd say there was an element of bad luck involved, so 'fault' might be too strong a description, but I do think too much was made of Cammy not being able to scramble back for it in time to make the save because it was basically the poor block by Zaliukas which caused the goal.