Rangers striker Kenny Miller throws down title gauntlet to old club Hibs...

I dont disagree with much of that Ian, but there is a time and a place to come out with stuff like that, and it is badly mistimed after we got beaten by Hibs, who have answered all questions asked of them since the Allan saga was finalised. I take issue with Miller because he has been a complete wage thief since his return - done absolutely nothing last year (like most of them) and has been abysmal this year, so we dont need to be giving Hibs further notice board ammunition from one of our worst players. Miller should concentrate on getting his own game in order and not the media whore he so loves to be.

Fair enough mate,I just don't see what he has said that is so wrong!,he has give an interview as a Rangers player and in a Rangers team that has been playing well,the manager picks the team not him!,he makes valid points IMO,Hibs have beat us at the 3rd attempt and we are still sitting 5 points clear and that gives him the right to challenge Hibs to catch us,IMO.

Edited by ian1964

Miller and other players were coming out with stuff like this last year and ultimately they ended up not only so far behind Hearts that the gap was an embarrassment, but they couldn't even manage to get 2nd place in the league.

Aye, the players need to be positive and have total belief in themselves, that's essential, but lip service to the fans and other teams via constant babble in the press is not essential.

Here we go!,no need for personal attacks on our players!. He is correct in what he is saying!,he is one player in a team game!!!

Unless its Nicky Clark :P

It is a fair point though.... I'm going to go back to being less outspoken about the performances of some players.

Miller and other players were coming out with stuff like this last year and ultimately they ended up not only so far behind Hearts that the gap was an embarrassment, but they couldn't even manage to get 2nd place in the league.

Aye, the players need to be positive and have total belief in themselves, that's essential, but lip service to the fans and other teams via constant babble in the press is not essential.

They have little option to give lip service in a media driven industry.

I didn't think that Miller said anything wrong, his comments were fine. He basically said he doesn't know if Hibs will continue to mount a challenge (unless he has a crystal ball he is correct), he says they got up for a big game and performed well (they did), he didn't say we deserved to win but said our performance was better than the last few weeks (which again we ALL have been saying) and he also says that Rangers just need to concentrate on Rangers.

It is everyone's prerogative to disagree with his delivery, who delivered it, or even criticize his performances - however, it is very difficult to criticize the CONTENT of his interview. I think he was spot on. Compare and contrast to the nonsense of last season when McCoist was defending performance after performance as being good or very good when everyone knew it was absolutely appalling.

At least Miller is accurate in his assessment - I don't think Hibs will see that interview as Miller offending them. In fact, Miller comes across as being pretty intelligent in that interview with a rather good insight too.

The content's ok Craig, you're right. I just don't really want to read Kenny Miller's opinion. As with last season, I think he should do his talking on the pitch when he's selected to play.

The content's ok Craig, you're right. I just don't really want to read Kenny Miller's opinion. As with last season, I think he should do his talking on the pitch when he's selected to play.

Then don't read his opinion Zappa :P

The reality is that the media expect interviews and the Club will trot out whoever they can. It is completely plausible that Miller was the easiest player available given he was injured. We the fans can't dictate who speaks when requested. Likewise, the player will do what is asked of him as it will be in his contract.

I actually think that Miller is the type who will have fairly good self recognition and knows his contribution hasn't been good enough of late.

I do try to avoid it whenever I can Craig, but it's not always possible. :P

I suppose it just annoys me to hear and read Miller's opinion so frequently when for the most part he's been such a disappointment over the past 15 to 16 months.

Instead of bringing back Kenny the hitman and witnessing him banging in bucket loads of goals we've had to endure the return of Kenny misser the headless chicken.

They have little option to give lip service in a media driven industry.

I didn't think that Miller said anything wrong, his comments were fine. He basically said he doesn't know if Hibs will continue to mount a challenge (unless he has a crystal ball he is correct), he says they got up for a big game and performed well (they did), he didn't say we deserved to win but said our performance was better than the last few weeks (which again we ALL have been saying) and he also says that Rangers just need to concentrate on Rangers.

It is everyone's prerogative to disagree with his delivery, who delivered it, or even criticize his performances - however, it is very difficult to criticize the CONTENT of his interview. I think he was spot on. Compare and contrast to the nonsense of last season when McCoist was defending performance after performance as being good or very good when everyone knew it was absolutely appalling.

At least Miller is accurate in his assessment - I don't think Hibs will see that interview as Miller offending them. In fact, Miller comes across as being pretty intelligent in that interview with a rather good insight too.

Of course they have an option, spill all that when the league's won. Walter used to pin up the crap others said about us on the dressing room wall so we could ram it down their throats...