Seems to be a lot of shouting for signing a striker or strikers in the January window, I disagree with this on the basis we are doing fine in the goals department without the need for it.

Yes we need one or two Jelavic types but not until promotion is guaranteed simply because they won't come here until it's actually guaranteed, I'm sure we all know this.

No-one has mentioned anyone with ability and what we need and who might be available.

Yes it would be 'sensational' if we plucked a renowned striker from some club with reluctance to sell, but that's never going to happen in January for obvious reasons.

I expect the board are looking towards next summer for the right man/men to fire us to 55.

Was thinking about this on the way home. Wild ideas with no substance to them:

Danny Graham - disappeared off the face of the earth since his Swansea days.

Michu - if he's recovered from his injuries.

Joe Garner - injury prone but has ability.

Peter Crouch - can't get a game at Stoke!

In reality I doubt any one of these players would even consider the Championship - they'd probably not consider the top league either. Maybe a realistic target could be Stevie May, who's a bit pish but would certainly do the job at this level.

Was thinking about this on the way home. Wild ideas with no substance to them:

Danny Graham - disappeared off the face of the earth since his Swansea days.

Michu - if he's recovered from his injuries.

Joe Garner - injury prone but has ability.

Peter Crouch - can't get a game at Stoke!

In reality I doubt any one of these players would even consider the Championship - they'd probably not consider the top league either. Maybe a realistic target could be Stevie May, who's a bit pish but would certainly do the job at this level.

Stevie May just joined Preston and also said he has no intention of returning to Scotland, we're no signing him.

This is almost an impossible circle to square: the kind of player who we really need would cost so much as to be financially stupid, while the kind of players who are financially sensible won't lift us very much.

I guess the best solution would be a home grown player. I haven't seen much of the u-21's but none of the front men I have seen struck me as especially eye catching in terms of movement or finishing.