Warburton won't pick strongest Rangers line-up during the League Cup group stage

I agree with everything you say mate except the bit I've highlighted. It'll be a sad day indeed if Rangers ever allow this trophy to mean more to their opponents than themselves. I'm sure it was a typo though...you'll be just as excited as the rest of us when we compete for it in the Final, perhaps against Motherwell? :)

I wouldn't suggest that either the manager, the team or the fans wouldn't like to win it but here he is letting us know that it isn't top of a list of priorities. If it were that important the first 11 would be contesting it.

And if we won this cup it wouldn't be such a big deal as it would be for Motherwell and their fans who if they won it would likely do a Hibs and act as if they just won the Champions league. Hell I wouldn't be surprised if they're so small they act like that if they simply won their match with us.

I have looked at Hibs forums, they're STILL obsessing daily about this cup win with topic posts such as it being the greatest day in the history of their club. I find it comical that they expose themselves as small while always claiming to be a big club. Anybody think we would still be going crazy about it obsessing daily on it if we had won that cup? A single Scottish cup win is the greatest day ever?

I would still like to wallop Motherwell then maybe have fielded a second string in the following matches but the manager knows more about how to efficiently manage a team than I do. I resepect his decision even if it meant losing at Motherwell and even if it meant not qualifying for the last 16.