Hibs chairman Rod Petrie could be new SFA president as early as next summer

Alan McRae has to signal by next February if he intends seeking a fresh two-year spell at the helm of the governing body.

ROD PETRIE could be installed as new SFA president as early as next summer.

Alan McRae — who succeeded Campbell Ogilvie in June 2015 — has revealed he has to signal by next February if he intends seeking a fresh two-year spell at the helm of the governing body.

And he last night refused to rule out walking away.

Vice-president and Hibs chairman Petrie is next in line for a post which has been a poisoned chalice for so many since Scotland last qualified for a major finals in 1998.

McRae told SunSport: “My current term is due to end next June. It is now a minimum two-year period with the possibility of a further two years, IF I decide to go for it.

“I’ve got until the end of February to nominate if I’m going to stand and, come March 31, if anyone wants to challenge me — those who are eligible to challenge — then they can.

“So I’ll decide by February if I want to stay on or go.”

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/223815/hibs-chairman-rod-petrie-could-be-new-sfa-president-as-early-as-next-summer/