Miller seeks Rangers consistency

Don't we all.

Kenny Miller insists Rangers will keep chasing runaway Premiership leaders Celtic but knows his side must first build momentum with a sequence of wins.

Having played three fewer games, unbeaten Celtic are eight points better off than their Glasgow rivals.

"We will never give in until it's done," said veteran striker Miller.

"But for us it's about finding that consistent form and putting a run together. If that happens, then you never know."

Rangers sit second after back-to-back home wins against closest challengers Hearts and Aberdeen but Mark Warburton's side are yet to win three-in-a-row in the league this season.

"You need to put a run of wins together if we want to close this gap on Celtic to as little as possible," said Miller.

"That's what the aim is and if we're going to do that we need to start winning a lot of games and that starts on Friday against Hamilton. We want to get our first set of three straight wins this season and before the Celtic game we'd like to go in with five."

After losses to Hearts and Aberdeen earlier in the campaign, Miller is now seeking revenge against the only other team to have beaten them - Celtic.

"We've played Hearts, Aberdeen and Celtic all away from home during the first part of the season and lost to them," said Miller on the Ibrox club's annual visit to Glasgow's Royal Hospital for Children.

"Now we've put two right by winning at home and we've got Celtic at our place in a few games' time [31 December] and that's another opportunity too.

"We're building a bit of momentum now."

'Is 40 a realistic target?'

Miller turns 37 two days before Christmas but remains a first team regular under manager Mark Warburton, scoring four goals in 23 appearances this term.

The former Scotland striker is out of contract in the summer and confirmed he has yet to be offered a new deal, but he is not thinking about retirement any time soon.

"I'd love to sign on again but these kind of things are out of my hand," he said.

"However, I've got no plans on slowing down. I feel pretty good at the moment. Is 40 a realistic target? Well it's only three years away now so it's definitely on the horizon.

"As long as I still feel like this then why not?

"I've been playing a lot of games which is great. I still feel I'm contributing and as long as I keep doing what I'm doing then hopefully I'll have a year or two - or three or four - left in the tank yet.

"I want to be here. I enjoy working with the gaffer and [assistant manager] Davie Weir but for me it's about staying fit and healthy and performing."