Half watching the AZ game. Steinsson tackles Frings, the ball brakes to another Bremen player and from lying on the floor, Steinsson dives head first to tackle at the Werder players feet.

That's the kind of comittment I want. Wrongly booked for a handball.

Absolute legend.:thup:

Half watching the AZ game. Steinsson tackles Frings, the ball brakes to another Bremen player and from lying on the floor, Steinsson dives head first to tackle at the Werder players feet.

I don't like him to be honest i think he is one of the weaker players by AZ. Werder gave him a free role tonight allowing the ball to go to him as he is easy to close down. If we want a back from them then give me le Clerq. The youth player Ryan Donk played a blinder and makes you wonder where our youth players are. I still would take Dembele in a second though he will end up at one of the top clubs and he is still only 20.

I don't like him to be honest i think he is one of the weaker players by AZ. Werder gave him a free role tonight allowing the ball to go to him as he is easy to close down. If we want a back from them then give me le Clerq. The youth player Ryan Donk played a blinder and makes you wonder where our youth players are. I still would take Dembele in a second though he will end up at one of the top clubs and he is still only 20.

:thup:

Obviously you know a hell of a lot more than I do about the dutch teams and as I say wasn't fully concentrating, just looking up when something interesting happened. (Farting about on my laptop as usual :D ). Just absolutely shocked that someone was a) stupid enough or b) prepared to put himself in where it hurts for his team or c) had such a desire to win, that he would try and tackle the ball at a players feet with his head. Absolute nutcase.

Only put the game on to get a look at Koevermans and then hardly watched it. Commentators said it wasn't his best game but I couldn't say. :o

Whilst that is what scottish supporters prefer to trying to play football scottish football is going no-where

Whilst that is what scottish supporters prefer to trying to play football scottish football is going no-where

Perhaps. But then you look at guys like Buffel. Whats the point in a player who can easily be bullied out of the game? :confused:

Perhaps. But then you look at guys like Buffel. Whats the point in a player who can easily be bullied out of the game? :confused:

There is surely a happy medium that I appreciate is difficult to attain.

If you look at Arsenal, they�´re younger players have technique and they are physically imposing.

In Scotland the skilfull players tend to be small and get pushed off the ball to easily.

What PLG was trying to introduce ref. training,diets was geared to change this culture and is the route we should be taking.

There is surely a happy medium that I appreciate is difficult to attain.

If you look at Arsenal, they�´re younger players have technique and they are physically imposing.

In Scotland the skilfull players tend to be small and get pushed off the ball to easily.

What PLG was trying to introduce ref. training,diets was geared to change this culture and is the route we should be taking.

Agreed, but don't think PLG was the right man for the job.

Agreed, but don't think PLG was the right man for the job.

He wasn´t allowed to be by an opposition from within that seemed to include the club doctor.

In the end I think he was ready and quite happy to go.

I only wish Souness had been his number 2, that on paper at least would have been a good combination