Cummings unfazed by flak from Hibs fans

Internet trolls will only make Rangers signing Jason Cummings even more determined to succeed at Ibrox.

Some Hibernian fans have given the striker flak on social media for moving to the Glasgow club on loan six months after being sold to Nottingham Forest.

"Down there it was easy, but up in Scotland everyone seems to give you a bit more abuse and a bit more stick," said the 22-year-old.

"But I'm used to it now. It drives me on. It makes me want to do better."

An internet clip of Cummings play-fighting Scottish wrestler Grado went viral last year.

"It's all fun and games off the pitch," said the striker, who could make his debut when Aberdeen visit Ibrox on Wednesday. "But, when I'm on the pitch, I'm 100% concentrated."

Cummings, who won his first Scotland cap as a late substitute in a November friendly against Netherlands, was signed for Forest by former Rangers manager Mark Warburton.

But, with the Englishman being sacked last month, Cummings has been told by successor Aitor Karanka he is no longer required after 17 appearances and four goals for the Championship club.

"Getting more game time was one of the main reasons for coming here," he said. "It's no fun sitting in the stand or on the bench.

"I know I should be playing. I don't want to be wasting away down there, so when I heard Rangers had come in, I couldn't turn it down."

Cummings' move is with a view to a permanent transfer at the end of the season.

"I don't know what will happen with Forest in the summer," he stressed. "I'm going to enjoy this six months at Rangers first then see how it goes.

"After that, I'll have a chat with the gaffer at Forest and see what he thinks.

"My confidence is always sky high, so that won't be a problem after what happened at Forest.

"I like a bit of pressure and expectation to win. My character fits perfectly to playing for Rangers.

"Rangers create loads and loads of chances so I'm just going to be hanging about the six-yard box looking to tap them in."

Rangers and Aberdeen will be meeting for the first time since Dons boss Derek McInnes rejected the chance to become manager at Ibrox.

Development squad head coach Graeme Murty has since been promoted to the manager's role until the end of the season but thinks the circumstances will not add too much spice to the occasion.

"The atmosphere will be tasty, but they always are in these games," he said.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/42792482