Coulibaly Permanent Transfer Clause

Seems we do have an option to buy! Things just keep getting better and better. This being professional is becoming a habit!

Must have been after the press conference and in his one on ones because a couple of papers have direct quotes today confirming the clause is in place.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-6049323/Kieran-Tierney-best-left-world-Izaguirre.html

edit* think someone is having a laugh with the link name!

Edited by trublusince1982

Rangers manager Steven Gerrard grateful for transfer cash as he praises chairman Dave King for 'total support'

• Steven Gerrard thanked the Ibrox board for their 'total support' on transfers
  • Rangers manager has signed 11 new players this summer to revamp his squad 
  • He insists he can have no cause from complaint about the backing received 

By Mark Wilson For The Scottish Daily Mail

Published: 00:56 BST, 11 August 2018 | Updated: 01:12 BST, 11 August 2018

teven Gerrard thanked the Ibrox board for their 'total support' ahead of further transfer talks with chairman Dave King.

The Rangers manager has signed 11 new players this summer to revamp his squad and remains hopeful of two more additions prior to the August 31 deadline.

While the sales of Josh Windass and Declan John could provide further leeway in that regard, Gerrard insists he can have no cause from complaint about the backing received since taking charge in June.

King attended Thursday evening's 3-1 Europa League qualifier first leg over Maribor and is set to discuss plans with Gerrard before returning to South Africa.

'We had a quick chat last night at the game and he has been at the training ground today,' said Gerrard of King. 'We have had two brief conversations, but yes, I will be speaking to him at length in the coming days about where we are up to.

'He has been a fantastic support to me and so have the board. Our relationship is really strong at the moment and I am enjoying it.

'I have had total support, I couldn't have asked for anything more really. I think it is very important, all around the club, that we are all one, that we are all together and that we all believe in what we are trying to do.

'It is going to be a rollercoaster. At the moment it is going well and I am experienced enough to know there will be some turbulent times as well. If we have got the support and are all together from the board down everything will be fine.

'Changing a lot of personnel in the squad, they have been very supportive. We have made some changes at the training ground, we are about to make some changes at Ibrox and they are buying into what we are trying to do.'

The closure of the English transfer window has reignited suggestions of a loan move for Liverpool striker Dominic Solanke, a prospect Gerrard branded 'speculation'.

Hearts forward Kyle Lafferty has already been the subject of a rejected £200,000 bid, with Gerrard also keen on securing another centre-back option.

In terms of outgoings, Rangers this week sold Windass to Wigan in a deal worth £2.5million plus add-ons, while John moved to Swansea for an £800,000 package.

Asked if the Windass money could entitle him to do more business, Gerrard smiled: 'Well, I'm planning on asking that question in the next couple of days.'

The Ibrox manager also revealed Rangers have a longer-term option within the loan deal agreed with French side Angers for Lassana Couilbaly. The Malian midfielder has made an impressive start to life in Scotland, scoring against Maribor, but Gerrard is refusing to look too far ahead.

'There's an option within it, but let's just enjoy him now and for the year,' he said. 'Of course we would love to have him on a full-time basis for many more years.

'We admire the player and that's the reason we brought him in, but at the moment it's a year-loan and he belongs to another club. We should just appreciate that we've got him in the short term.

'Realistically, he is still in pre-season in terms of match fitness, sharpness and game time. So we believe there is still more to come.'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-6049323/Kieran-Tierney-best-left-world-Izaguirre.html

RANGERS boss Steven Gerrard has backed Lassana Coulibaly to go from strength to strength.

The midfielder has made an impressive start to life at Ibrox following his loan move from Angers and netted his first goal for the Gers in the Europa League win over Maribor.

Coulibaly has quickly endeared himself to supporters and become an integral part of Gerrard's plans.

Rangers have an option to purchase the Malian international at the end of his season-long stay.

And Gerrard is delighted with his instant Ibrox

Read more:

http://www.heraldscotland.com/sport...ighted-with-lassana-coulibalys-ibrox-impact/#