GN Pod 026 - How can we regain momentum?

Decent listen, mostly down to the common sense and IMO relevant logic coming from the Rev.I.M. Jolly :thup:

I don't understand anyone not caring that much about getting through to the European KO stages or not. It's tangible prestige that comes with financial reward. I'd estimate at around a minimum of 3M sterling (although by the time we'd be paid part of that it might double given exchange rates/brexit shambles & effects :whistle:).

IM Jolly indeed?!

You'll note I was the one being positive. :thup:

I understand what Colin was saying about not being overly fussy if we win tomorrow or not but I think there are too many positive outcomes to not take the game seriously.  Money is one but morale for future games is arguably the most important one in the short term.

35 minutes ago, Frankie said:

IM Jolly indeed?!

You'll note I was the one being positive. :thup:

I understand what Colin was saying about not being overly fussy if we win tomorrow or not but I think there are too many positive outcomes to not take the game seriously.  Money is one but morale for future games is arguably the most important one in the short term.

It would certainly help placate the support in the short-term and you'd hope it would boost the players confidence/belief,... but I think for some that is becoming fragile as they clock up more gametime at this level than their bodies have ever experienced.

Coming at the end of a hectic first half of the season, the December fixture list is brutal and I think for some players, it is becoming an issue. With that in mind, you're probably right wrt the importance of a 'mental boost' at this stage.

IMO we were unlucky to get Celtic at the end of a brutal August and I think the same has happened wrt December.

A comparative lack of squad depth/quality gives them a decided advantage wrt dates.

Looking ahead, I think the financial angle is huge. An extra 3M with the possibility of more could be a quality addition in a future window and bottomline, to progress, that is what we need to bring in.

Edited by buster.