Craig Levein faces a two-match ban

Hearts boss Craig Levein hit with SFA charge over Bobby Madden comments after Jambos’ defeat to Rangers.

The Tynecastle gaffer branded the whistler's performance as 'abysmal' and also claimed it was like 'playing against 13 men'

CRAIG LEVEIN has been hit with an SFA charge for his explosive comments after Hearts' loss to Rangers.

The Jambos gaffer branded whistler Bobby Madden's performance as 'abysmal' and also claimed it was like 'playing against 13 men'.

He then had a go at Madden's assistant for failing to spot Alfredo Morelos scoring from an offside position.

And after looking into his comments, SFA compliance officer Clare Whyte has now issued Levein with a notice of complaint.

At the time, the Hearts boss said: “I read a quote from Neil Lennon a few weeks ago from when they went to Celtic Park, and he said they were playing against 12 men, and that’s how I feel.

"Actually, it was 13 we were playing against. “The good thing is Neil Lennon didn’t get any punishment, it’s good to know. “The referee was abysmal and we were playing against 13 men. “That’s my view on it. It’s really good news there won’t be any punishment.”

Jambos gaffer Levein has now been charged under rule 72. His hearing will be heard on December 20.

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/3615066/craig-levein-sfa-charge-comments-bobby-madden-rangers-hearts-notice-of-complaint/?utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Twitter#Echobox=1544631098