Barisic on Gerrard

Borna Barisic on the 'truth' behind Rangers omission and his relationship with Steven Gerrard
Croatia international fell out of the first team reckoning last season but has returned with a bang this summer.

Borna Barisic has opened up on his relationship with Steven Gerrard as he looks to nail down the left-back slot at Rangers .
The Croatia international had an inconsistent spell last season after his £2million move from NK Osijek.
As he struggled with form and fitness, Barisic only played once in the club's last eight fixtures - that being the last game of the season at Kilmarnock.
But Barisic is back in the starting line-up and has revealed how he sacrificed his summer holiday for extra training in a bid to hit the new season running with the Ibrox side.
The full back scored last week against St Joseph's in Gibraltar with a free kick as Rangers romped to a 4-0 Europa League win.
Barisic, in an interview in a Croatian publication, can't wait to work with Gerrard again this season after brushing off doubts about his future at Rangers.

He said: "The truth is I couldn't get back into the team last season after an injury because they kept winning games. That's the way it is with Rangers - they are a great club with great players.
"I really have a brilliant relationship with Steven Gerrard. We talk about tactics and current issues. There are no problems. I feel great here and I am completely devoted to Rangers. Life in Glasgow is really good."

The left-back also revealed his determination to have a successful season this term after making a goalscoring start against St Joseph's.
Barisic said: "I had a week off during the summer, but decided to use that vacation to do additional training instead.
"I did it to try and make sure I was ready for the new season ahead. So it was nice to hit that free kick against St Joseph's. Some people gave the goal to me and others to Connor Goldson, but it doesn't matter anyway.
"I know all about the philosophy of the club. It's all about winning and I want to be a part of it."