Reality bites for The Pars

Whilst I’ve no sympathy for those captaining the good ship Dunfermline it’s difficult not to have some sympathy for the players who’ve been effectively tossed on to the dole queue. 

Dunfermline statement earlier today:

All Scottish football clubs are now faced with challenging and uncertain times. 

As a consequence of this continued uncertainty, we are afraid to announce that unfortunately our club will not be in a position to offer new contracts, at this time, to any of the players who are out of contract over the coming days.

As we don’t know when we will be playing games again we have no other option but to protect the future of the club itself. This has not been an easy decision to make, being aware of the impact this may have. 

We would like to offer our very best wishes to all of the players and their families, as well as thanking them for their services to our club.

Edited by The Tin Man

Yes i'd expect there will be a lot of players out of contract throughout the British leagues who will exit the full time game due to the current situation. 

I wonder if they will get any help from the PFA and PFAS and the fat cat Union bosses?