One Coach Kicks Another

Guest SerbianLoyal

Guest SerbianLoyal

http://www.goal.com/en/Articolo.aspx?ContenutoId=394691

One Coach Kicks Another As Controversy Mars Parma-Catania Some incredible scenes were on offer at the Stadio Ennio Tardini this afternoon. One coach kicking another, just what Calcio did not need!

One Coach Kicks Another As Controversy Mars Parma-Catania

That Catania and Parma played out a 2-2 draw on the afternoon became an anecdote as events on the touchline dominated proceedings.

The drama began when Catania boss Silvio Baldini furiously protested against a decision, and was subsequently handed his marching orders.

As he was walking off, he gave out some final instructions to his players, and Parma coach Dominico Di Carlo attempted to throw a few words of choice, asking Baldini to get off the pitch.

Baldini, incredibly, responded by kicking Di Carlo, which sparked off some incredible scenes on the touchline. People rushed into the melee, and somehow managed to drag Baldini away from it, and he now faces a lengthy touchline ban.

Parma patron Tommaso Ghiradi was absolutely livid, and minced no words speaking about the incident.

"Baldini should be ashamed of himself," said Ghirardi. "If he was my coach, I�d fire him on the spot.

"In 10 years of football I have never seen anything like it. If we don�t behave appropriately, how can we expect the fans to?"

Catania president Antonio Pulvirenti was quick to respond, as the physical encounter between the coaches turned into a verbal one between the presidents.

"Well he [Ghirardi] is not the Catania President, I am," he said. "I don�t think it was such an extreme gesture.

"Clearly it wasn�t nice either, but he was provoked. Our coach was the first person to admit it was a wrong thing to do. But there is no need to exaggerate.

"While Baldini was giving the final instructions to his squad before walking away, the Parma coach went up to him. It was not his job to do so and you saw the reaction that prompted.

"It wasn�t right, but we are men and sometimes these things can happen. We are men of sport. These are things that should not happen, but let us end the controversy here."

That might not be the case!

Great debut... :P