Saturday, 22 September 2007

Falkirk v Motherwell, 15:00

Gretna v Dundee Utd, 15:00

Inverness CT v Hearts, 15:00

Kilmarnock v St Mirren, 15:00

Sunday, 23 September 2007

Hibernian v Celtic, 14:00

Rangers v Aberdeen, 15:00

Mark McGhee's Motherwell have been impressive so far this season and following their win in Aberdeen last week they make the trip to Falkirk who are conceding goals for fun despite trying to play a bit of football. This game doesnt look attractive on paper but probably wont be a bad match for the viewer. Id say a narrow 2-1 to Motherwell but a draw wouldnt send any shock waves.

Gretna are now finding their feet in the SPL and may be getting used to playing at Fir Park. They entertain Dundee Utd who were my tip for a top 5 finish this season. Craig Levein has got something about him with this team and they are IMO back as a top 6 team where they belong. They have a winning streak about them and the chairman is getting on well with the manager and morale is high. I cant see anything other than an away win here.

Hearts have finally kicked off there season with 2 good wins at Motherwell then against Rangers. They play a Caley side who are being beaten every week despite Craig Brewster returning to the team. Brewster has been a bit unlucky fixture wise since returning with trips to Hibs and Celtic so will expect better in his first home game in charge. I can see a draw here although Hearts will start as favourites.

Kilmarnock v St Mirren - This has to be a banker home win. Killie have started well and have a chance to open up a gap between them and the bottom clubs here. The Saints are a never say die team but they dont have the quality to win every other game. 2-0 to Killie.

Easter Road arguably has the game of the weekend on Sunday. Hibs are playing well again this season and are tough to beat at home. They have started well and like always will fancy there chances of getting something when the Old Firm come to the captial. Celtic are coming of the back of another away loss in europe despite a good winning run in the SPL. Should be an entertaining game and a score draw would be my prediction.

Finally the other game of the weekend see's rivals Rangers and Aberdeen meet. The home side are on a high after getting their champions league campaign off to a winning start. They lost last time out in the SPL for the first time this season so that will be in the back of there minds and spur them back onto winnings ways. The Dons travel down to Glasgow with a disappointing return to Europe. They only managed a 0-0 with there Ukrainian opponents and now have it all to do in the 2nd leg. They havent won at Ibrox since 1991 and that will remain the same - I cant see anything other than a banker home win by 2 or 3 goals.

Thanks Gribz, excellent report:thup: I am back home now,but not feeling that well yet. At least i will be able to listen to the game on Sunday.

Luckily i saw the Stuttgart highlights on dutch tv and watched the whole second half on German tv today. Fantastic result. Lets hope we do the business against Aberdeen and Hibs do us a big favour.

Thanks Gribz, excellent report:thup: I am back home now,but not feeling that well yet. At least i will be able to listen to the game on Sunday.

Luckily i saw the Stuttgart highlights on dutch tv and watched the whole second half on German tv today. Fantastic result. Lets hope we do the business against Aberdeen and Hibs do us a big favour.

Good stuff Pete, how was the Op?

Hope your feeling better soon

Good stuff Pete, how was the Op?

Hope your feeling better soon

The Op went great and i was home sooner than expected.

Unfortunately the op area has become infected and i am now on an anti-biotic.

I also haven't had a crap since Tuesday so i have also been given a laxative.

If i am not on tomorrow i will be sitting on the toilet.:)

Makes you appreciate how we take simple things for granted.

I also realise now how often we use our stomach muscles. Almost all movement uses them, which means pain for me at the moment.

I had a pretty large abdominal Hernia which was slowly getting bigger and dangerous. I have known for years it was necessary but i chose now because it is now a keyhole operation whereas a few years ago they would have opened me up.

Hopefully the Anti-biotic kicks in otherwise i may end back up in hospital.

Anyway Back to football!!!!

The Op went great and i was home sooner than expected.

Unfortunately the op area has become infected and i am now on an anti-biotic.

I also haven't had a crap since Tuesday so i have also been given a laxative.

If i am not on tomorrow i will be sitting on the toilet.:)

Makes you appreciate how we take simple things for granted.

I also realise now how often we use our stomach muscles. Almost all movement uses them, which means pain for me at the moment.

I had a pretty large abdominal Hernia which was slowly getting bigger and dangerous. I have known for years it was necessary but i chose now because it is now a keyhole operation whereas a few years ago they would have opened me up.

Hopefully the Anti-biotic kicks in otherwise i may end back up in hospital.

Anyway Back to football!!!!

An infection after the Op is common but the anti-biotics will kick in and do the job.

Anyway, the fixtures is all yours again next week - I got 0 out of 4 from saturdays games which is why i never bet on SPL games - too unpredicatable.