Dundee United v Motherwell-----12:30----***

Aberdeen v St Mirren------------15:00

Hearts v Falkirk-----------------15:00

Kilmarnock v Inverness CT-------15:00

Rangers v Hibernian-------------15:00

Sunday, 23 March 2008

--------------------------------Time-----TV

Gretna v Celtic-----------------14.00-----***

The great thing for Motherwell this week is they don't have to play at fir park, which gives them a bit more certainty that the game will go ahead. This game can probably be classed as the best of the rest as Dundee utd, Motherwell and Hibs fight it out for the third position. Motherwell haven't really hit the same heights as they did before the turn of the year and the tragic loss of Phil o"Donnel. Dundee Utd played brilliantly in the CIS cup final against Rangers last week and were only minutes away from winning before a lethal mistake from Mark Kerr threw Rangers a lifeline with United losing out on a penalty shoot-out. If United play anything like last week they should make the best of their home advantage.

United win.

Aberdeen have been on a free-fall the last few weeks and will be struggling to get in on a top six place.From what seemed to a good season for them suddenly went pear shaped. Knocking Celtic out of the Scottish cup could offer them a platform to bounce back. St Mirren have given some gutsy performances this season but with the reduction of points from Gretna their season is as good as finished. nothing to lose and nothing to gain.

Aberdeen still have things to play for and should be more hungry.

Aberdeen win.

Hearts v Falkirk is the topper in the fight for the last place in the top six. Falkirk are holding all the aces at the moment but there are only three points between them ,Hearts and Aberdeen and who would not expect Hearts to make a final sprint. I expect Hearts to win this one but Falkirk will stay top on goal difference, although that will also be minimal.

Hearts win.

Kilmarnock v Inverness CT has again lost any real interest with the demise of Gretna and Killie have only really pride to play for. Caley could still fight to top the bottom six but in reallity these two teams can start to look to putting things in place for next season. I can see this ending in a draw.

Draw.

Rangers v Hibernian is surely the top game this weekend and why setanta have chosen to show Gretna v Celtic beats me. Surely a case of pure inflexibility in programming. This is one of the most important games we will get in the run in to the title. As i believe that the old firm will roughly share the points in the head to heads the games against the sub-top teams will become more important.Barry Ferguson will return from injury putting off an operation on his ankle to the summer months. Whether you like him or not he certainly has a great Rangers heart. I will surprise everybody and say i am glad he is back as i don't think this is the game to experiment. Hibs beat us last time round at Ibrox but we have stepped up a notch since then and we will hopefully return to form for this one. I can't go against Rangers as it is a must win game for us.

Rangers win.

Gretna v Celtic. can't really say much about this game as i think it is a non-event and only good for celtic to take advantage and build up their goal difference but we live in hope.

Celtic win.

Saturday, 22 March 2008

-------------------------------Time------TV

Dundee United v Motherwell-----12:30----***

Aberdeen v St Mirren------------15:00

Hearts v Falkirk-----------------15:00

Kilmarnock v Inverness CT-------15:00

Rangers v Hibernian-------------15:00

Sunday, 23 March 2008

--------------------------------Time-----TV

Gretna v Celtic-----------------14.00-----***

Dundee Utd v Motherwell - tough to call but draw

Aberdeen v St Mirren - Home win

Hearts v Falkirk - Home Win

Kilmarnock v Inverness - Draw

Rangers v Hibs - Home Win

Gretna v Celtic - Away Win

Ive got the Dundee Utd v Motherwell game on live aswell as the gretna v Celtic game. The first should be a decent match but agreed the Rangers game should be the other. Although I do prefer saturday games. But tv always seem to only pick OF when they are away from home as they have the crowds to subscribe or watch it in the pub etc.

Dundee Utd v Motherwell - tough to call but draw

Aberdeen v St Mirren - Home win

Hearts v Falkirk - Home Win

Kilmarnock v Inverness - Draw

Rangers v Hibs - Home Win

Gretna v Celtic - Away Win

Ive got the Dundee Utd v Motherwell game on live aswell as the gretna v Celtic game. The first should be a decent match but agreed the Rangers game should be the other. Although I do prefer saturday games. But tv always seem to only pick OF when they are away from home as they have the crowds to subscribe or watch it in the pub etc.

I suppose that is logical but i can't see many neutral supporters taking a subscription to watch games like Gretna v Celtic.

I suppose that is logical but i can't see many neutral supporters taking a subscription to watch games like Gretna v Celtic.

Yeah but there are far more OF supporters not going to away games than neutral supporters in the country.