Stoke keen on Gers ace Lee McCulloch

Guest modman

Guest modman

Stoke City are keen on Rangers midfielder Lee McCulloch, but not his team-mate Daniel Cousin.

The Premier League new boys are set for a summer of substantial spending and have earmarked former Wigan man McCulloch as a realistic target.

Stoke boss Tony Pulis is keen for players of proven Premier League pedigree but whether Rangers, or the player, would be interested in striking a deal remains to be seen.

"We are currently working on our targets for the new season and we are going through our list to talk to targets, agents and their clubs," said Stoke's director of football John Rudge.

"We have a lot of names on our list and it is now a case of doing our homework and trying to get the best players who we feel would help strengthen our squad for the step up to The Premier League.

Fits the bill

"Lee McCulloch is certainly a player who would fit the bill for the type of player we are looking at but we don't even know if he would be available.

"He did really well for Rangers and as far as we are aware he is happy up there and, as I said, I don't even know if they would be prepared to sell him."

While McCulloch seemingly fits Stoke's transfer criteria, Rangers striker Cousin is not on the club's radar.

"We have a list of players and I am in regular contact with the manager and Daniel Cousin is definitely not on our list," he added in the Daily Express.

"We are aware he is available but he is not one of our summer targets."