Liverpool v Std Liege

I think Gerrard sometimes tries to do to much to the detriment of the team. No doubting he is pure quality and on his game is as good as anyone.

I dont think Liverpool deserved to go through tbh but very happy they are. I still dont like Benitez either.

Kuyt is the one most on here dont rate, as you say, his work rate is phenomanal and although he maybe doesnt score enough in the league, in Europe he has a great record.

Not a huge fan either really, but they do play quality football a lot of the time.

Jonc127 - Think I know what you mean about Gerrard, but if our own BF performed to 70% the standard of that man we'd be a lot better off for it. I haven't always rated him, but the guy just goes on & on like Ariston.... phenomenal player.

cheers,

Mark

No doubting the quality of Gerrard. He could probably walk into any team in the world. His engine is unreal but he does offer so much more, both defensively and attacking. He just seems to have everything. By the same token, he needs to share some of the responsibilty IMO.

Im glad Alonso stayed, Carragher I think is the bees knees. Babel looks a fine player, Kuyt has some work rate even though many dont rate him at all.

Not sure about the wingbacks. I thought they were both pretty shaky tonight.

BUT, cant take anything away from Liege. They fought for everything and should really have gone through.

I think with Gerrard it's a difficult call. In some ways he's a similar type of player to BF, but he's just got more of everything. If he loosened off his game he might end up more like Barry - a player that could do more & play better in many aspects of his game & essentially a player that's just not playing to the best of his abilities. Might sound a bit sad to some here, but I reckon Barry could do worse than modelling himself on Gerrard.

Very Lucky Liverpool last night. They were played off the park for most of the match. Especially the opening spell in the game. You get the feeling that if that had been us in Liverpool's shoes we would have lost the dreaded away goal early doors. I think if the Belgians had scored in that spell/ Pool would have really struggled to pull the 2 goals back