All aboard the Offended Bus ââ?¬â?? International Edition

Salmond, like ALL politicians, cannot resist leaping on any bandwagon which appears to enjoy overwhelming support amongst the masses. By associating themselves with any populist opinion, they believe this makes them popular also.

Any politician will jump at the chance to be asked about this BF/AMcG situation.

Think about Gordon Brown commenting on the demise of " racist " Jade Goody for example.

Clever politicians will wait until the whole truth emerges.

Wait and see !

When he does something then that is the time to criticise not anticipation of him doing something wrong. As you say all politicians jump on the bandwagon including Gordon Brown and David Cameron. He who has never sinned should cast the first stone.

Sorry i disagree totally with this. In fact it is Frankie just doing what he is blaming others of doing jumping on the bandwagon. Alex Salmond has and should have nothing to do with this. Frankie is using this to take a cheap swipe at Alex salmond and that is wrong. It is following the same lines as Spiers and Co in turning a football story political. Sorry Frankie i love your football stuff but this is a poorly thought out political swipe that the Gersnet should not be involved in.

I a Gersnet lover am offended by this post god knows what a neutral person thinks.

Sorry pete, not been on for long this weekend so haven't had a chance to respond.

First off, I understand your thinking on this. Slagging off Salmond was a cheap shot and I agree his relevance to the subject was debatable. However, he does have a recent record of wading clumsily (and erroneously) into football areas (Boruc, sectarianism, GB Football team etc) so that's why I felt the need to pre-empt any attempt by politicians to get involved in this issue.

For clarity, in the last 14 days, Salmond was interviewed by Graham Spiers (thread elsewhere on here) and was either taken to the cleaners by Spiers or was a willing participant on a hatchet job on Rangers and protestants in general.

Despite his previous mistakes in this subject (see Boruc caution) I decided to give him the chance to comment on the interview and see if he was misquoted or if he was angry about the perception Spiers had given the piece. Guess what? No reply. I also contacted his office on his laughable Boruc contribution a while back. Guess what? No reply.

I also contacted his office for comments on Gersnet's report into the SIF Working Group and its replacement body. His government urging active citizenship on the subject. You won't need to guess this time if he replied or not.

That's why he was brought into this issue. Yes it was a cheap shot but, no, I won't apologise for highlighting his embarrassing record for failing us all when it comes to wading into football from a political perspective.

Sorry pete, not been on for long this weekend so haven't had a chance to respond.

First off, I understand your thinking on this. Slagging off Salmond was a cheap shot and I agree his relevance to the subject was debatable. However, he does have a recent record of wading clumsily (and erroneously) into football areas (Boruc, sectarianism, GB Football team etc) so that's why I felt the need to pre-empt any attempt by politicians to get involved in this issue.

For clarity, in the last 14 days, Salmond was interviewed by Graham Spiers (thread elsewhere on here) and was either taken to the cleaners by Spiers or was a willing participant on a hatchet job on Rangers and protestants in general.

Despite his previous mistakes in this subject (see Boruc caution) I decided to give him the chance to comment on the interview and see if he was misquoted or if he was angry about the perception Spiers had given the piece. Guess what? No reply. I also contacted his office on his laughable Boruc contribution a while back. Guess what? No reply.

I also contacted his office for comments on Gersnet's report into the SIF Working Group and its replacement body. His government urging active citizenship on the subject. You won't need to guess this time if he replied or not.

That's why he was brought into this issue. Yes it was a cheap shot but, no, I won't apologise for highlighting his embarrassing record for failing us all when it comes to wading into football from a political perspective.

I am certainly not asking you to apologise for anything i just feel you would have been better putting all these facts in a post under a separate debating thread. I understand your frustration at not getting an answer to your questions but shooting loose bullets in the air that are not based on facts are only going to play into his hands and make him think he was right not to contact you. Cheap shots are normally made by people who are losing a fight rather than winning one. The proper way is to keep hitting him when he errs and pointing it out by producing facts. Eventually you\we might hit the bull and force him into an answer.

Just the way i feel.

The i am offended bit was a bit over the top by the way, as i am not that easily offended.:)

Cheap shot or not, the difference here is that while the initial article may not have alluded to the wider issue surrounding Salmond's ineffectiveness, people are more than welcome to comment on the article to find out why I said what I did. A real debate can then ensue and I don't for a minute presume to be correct.

It is just a pity Mr Salmond (amongst others to be fair) don't offer the same platform for the people they proclaim to represent. As such, I'm not losing the fight as I'm not in the ring. Despite attempting to be the active citizen he requests, I can't make hits as I simply don't exist.

Accusing him of doing something he hasn't may well undermine my argument but if it means the article receives interest and subsequent debate here (or elsewhere) means I am quite happy with being occasionally polemic or even deliberately obtuse.

If you can't beat 'em....

And at least I can admit to making mischief after the fact... ;)

Edited by Frankie