THE family and friends of Rangers fanatic Garry Lynch have helped raise �£25,000 for the Rangers Youth Department after calling on fans to buy Rising Stars tickets in his memory.

Garry sadly passed away in February aged just 52 and his family - wife Elaine, son Garry and daughter Angela - have been astounded by the support they have received from the Rangers Family.

After discussions with friends and fellow Rangers fans, the idea of helping the Rangers Youths, which was one of Garry's favourite pastimes, came to the fore.

Neil Alexander promotes the Gary Lynch Rising StarsFollowing talks with the Club, his family and friends launched a campaign to sell Rising Stars tickets in his honour and in the past few weeks supporters from around the globe have bought almost 35,000 tickets.

The Club sells around 5,000 at a typical home game so the Rangers fans deserve great credit for their generosity in Garry's memory.

Rising Stars tickets can be bought online via the Rising Stars link at http://www.rangerslotto.co.uk or by calling 0141 427 4914.

Tickets can also be obtained before home games or in person from the Lotto Office, 2nd Floor Broomloan Stand, Ibrox Stadium or by sending an email to lotto@rangers.co.uk

Tomorrow's Rising Stars draw to be made at half-time during the Motherwell match will also earn one lucky winner the chance to win a jackpot of around �£15,000 - which would be a record payout for any UK football club for a half-time draw.

Goalkeeper Neil Alexander joined Rangers legend Ian Durrant, Rangers Youth Academy Director Jim Sinclair, youth star John Fleck and Garry's son at Murray Park today (Friday, 10 April 2009) to give the campaign a final push ahead of this weekend's SPL game with Motherwell at Ibrox Stadium - where tickets will be on sale in Garry's memory for the final time.

Garry Lynch Jr said: "This is a great way to honour my Dad's memory and something I know he would have loved to see happen.

"We hope to achieve a record payout at the Motherwell match tomorrow and we are delighted Neil Alexander promotes the Gary Lynch Rising Stars the money is going to the Rangers Youth Department.

"My dad never missed a game - first-team, reserve or youth - and I have been touched by the messages of support our family has received from fans worldwide.

"I'd like to thank everyone who has bought a Rising Stars ticket in his honour and I would encourage supporters to buy them at the match tomorrow so we can raise as much money as possible."

Jim Sinclair commented: "Everyone at the Club was shocked to hear of Garry's death.

"He was well known to the players and staff at Rangers and our thoughts are with his family at this difficult time.

"Garry was a passionate and committed Rangers fan who was also regular at our Reserve and Youth Team matches.

"His family has created a lasting legacy in his honour with this donation to the Club's Youth Department and I can't thank them - and the fans who bought tickets in Garry's memory - enough for their generosity."

The total od rising stars tickets sold for the draw tomorrow is now expected to reach around the 40,000 mark.

This is down almost entirely to the work of a select few individuals who have gotten the RSC's involved for this respectful campaign.

From what is normally a �£2,000 first prize on matchday sales of around the 5,000 mark, tomorrow's draw will be a world record for a half-time draw prize, as prizes are in direct relation to the amount raised and has to be 40% of the total.

We are looking at a first prize tomorrow of around �£16,000, with the winner receiving their cheque at half time during the upcoming old firm game.

For any bears who have not already bought a ticket, this would be the very draw to do so.