By Andrew Dickson

MADJID BOUGHERRA has warned Rangers fans not to take a title win for granted after Saturday's win over Celtic.

Madjid Bougherra, RangersLight Blues supporters are allowing themselves to dream of a first championship in four years after the 1-0 Old Firm win two days ago.

But Algerian defender Bougherra knows there is still plenty of work to be done before that hope becomes reality.

Two of Gers' last three games are away from home against Hibernian and Dundee United, while an awkward clash with Aberdeen at Ibrox awaits in between.

Celtic, meanwhile, will play twice at Parkhead against the Arabs and Hearts but have to go to play the Hibees in Edinburgh too.

Of course, Rangers are the team in the ascendancy after seven consecutive wins took them two points clear at the top of the table.

But Bougherra is adamant that could still count for nothing in the end and he has urged his team to keep pushing until they're over the finishing line.

Madjid BougherraThe 26-year-old said: "This is one of the big results in the last five games of the season for us and now we are top.

"But the league is not finished as we still have three difficult games to play and two of them are away.

"We are very happy at this stage but I honestly don't feel we have one hand on the championship trophy yet.

"When you have to play away at Dundee United and Hibs, it is difficult. Likewise, we don't know what will happen at home against Aberdeen.

"It is the end of the season and people are tired but we have more confidence in our side now because we are first in the table.

"I hope we can go on to stay there in the last three games. I know the fans might think the title is ours but I don't think that's the case just now.

"When you beat Celtic, it's great because it's a big game and a big derby but there are still other games to play and we need to be very careful."

Bougherra reiterated his desire to stay at Ibrox beyond the summer, regardless of how the campaign ends.

Madjid BougherraThe Rangers' Player of the Year was misinterpreted in a recent radio interview and it was assumed he would want to leave if the Light Blues came second in the SPL.

But he maintains he's keen to stay and still has plenty of goals he'd like to achieve in Glasgow.

Bougherra added: "I'm not leaving, it's that simple. It's too early for me to go from here because I need stability in my life.

"Everywhere I have been, I have left after six months or a year and I want to be here for longer than that as I'm very comfortable here.

"The last time I spoke to the radio, I didn't translate what I was trying to say about having the right mentality very well.

"I know if I stay here, I cane become a better player. I feel I have done that under Ally McCoist, Kenny McDowall and the gaffer. I've learned so much from them."