Spurs agree to sell Hutton

It has been confirmed that Tottenham`s 19 year old winger David Hutton has joined Cheltenham on a permanent deal.

Hutton has impressed manager Martin Allen during his recent loan spell at the club and with the players contract ending at White Hart Lane this summer, he decided to try his luck in the lower leagues. He will initially sign a one year deal with an option to extend, if all works out.

Allen confirmed the deal on the clubs official website, saying: 'David has had 11 years at Tottenham and this is a big move for him. He has the potential to be a top player and he is a very good acquisition for the club.'

For many who watched Hutton, it was clear that he has great ability and also an eye for goal, but there was always the risk that he lacked the size to be a top premiership player at around 5`5", he would struggle to add much to an already small Spurs side in the attacking areas.

At a time when the club are looking to promote academy players to reserve football, this is the first of a number of reserve players I believe will depart in the coming weeks. I am sure we will hear much more of David in the lower leagues in the future and although I don`t see him as being one who got away, I do believe he has a very good future in the game and I certainly see him at a higher level than league 2 in the next few seasons.

:whistle:.