Just in case Dougie MacDonald needed reminded not to give us any decisions PART 2

Stuart Dougal has moved to explain why he has pulled out of a charity dinner on Friday night.

Some Celtic supporters have expressed unhappiness on unofficial fan sites at the former referee appearing at the event in a traditional Rangers area.

The Sportsman's Dinner is set to take place days after Dougal - who retired from the game last week - admitted he was wrong to show a red card to Madjid Bougherra during last week's 2-1 win over Aberdeen at Ibrox.

The Rangers defender is now likely to be given the green light to play in Sunday's crucial title decider at Tannadice when the incident is reviewed by the SFA's Video Review Panel on Friday.

Speaking in a statement, Dougal said: "Like most senior and ex-referees, I get asked to speak at charity events and dinners across Scotland.

"Several months ago I was asked to appear at a Sportsman's Dinner alongside Craig Brown and Bert Allan.

"Although the event was at a Masonic Hall, I was assured by the organisers that it was not a Masonic event and that the aim of the night was to raise money for charity.

"It is with some deep regret that I have informed the organisers that I will now not be able to take part.

"I do not want to give any fuel to people who live their lives in the belief that everything revolves around conspiracy theories, nor do I want my appearance to detract from the aims of the event - which is to raise money for charity.

"I wish the organisers every success for the night and have a simple message to the people who feel the need to always look for bias and conspiracy.

"It is 2009 and I thought that we had moved away from this type of thing."

http://www.teamtalk.com/football/story/0,16368,1861_5339544,00.html

So refs are being forced to pull out of charity dinners due to Celtic fans.

Utter scum!

This was discussed briefly on Radio Clyde tonight with some hilarity. Peter Martin (McGuire) thinks he was guilty of bad timing. So there you have it. You can't be charitable at the end of a season. :ffs:

As I said on the other thread, they are just sick people.

Were the Rangers fans up in arms when McCoist announced he was fasting for SCIAF? No. Why not? Because we are not bigots. They, on the other hand, most certainly are.

Scum.

I hope they are pleased with themselves.