DAVIE WEIR believes that Rangers thoroughly deserved to get their hands on the SPL trophy at Tannadice and praised his teammates for proving the doubters wrong.

The 39-year-old was again outstanding in the comprehensive 3-0 victory over Dundee United and insists his side have shown great character to come out on top.

Pedro Mendes scores Rangers' second goal against Dundee United at TannadiceHe said: "It's an unbelievable achievement but we were the best team this season, no matter what anyone says we were the best.

"We now want to go out and do the double, if we can do that it will be a fantastic season for the club.

"The performance from the boys today was outstanding and it showed the determination we have.

"For us to go out there and produce arguably our best display of the season is terrific and we are all thrilled.

"The goals we scored were quality and from the first whistle I think we showed a desire to win the game.

"We always believed we could do it."

Davie could not hide his pride at lifting the SPL trophy as Gers captain and was quick to ask Barry Ferguson to join him in hoisting aloft the silverware.Kyle Lafferty scores against Dundee United at Tannadice

He said: "I think it was only fair. Barry has been the captain for the majority of the season so it was only right that we both stepped up to lift it.

"I thought it was right and the gaffer felt the same way so I was more than happy for him to share that moment with me."

Weir has enjoyed another fantastic season in a Light Blue jersey and refused to discuss his future after the final whistle.

He did, however, allow himself to dream about appearing the Champions League once again and realises how important being in Europe's premier tournament is for Rangers.

He said: "It's a fantastic thing for a club of this stature to be in the Champions League.

"Knowing we have six games in the Champions League next season is a massive bonus.

"Winning the league was crucial but there is no getting away from the fact that coming out that having being in Europe's top tournament without having to qualify is brilliant."

:rfc:

Ian, have you got the Rangers team in your house or something? One by one, you're posting the players interviews.

;)

Aye they're all here enjoying a cold tin of export :cheers: