Top 5 contributors to a title winning season

Just a bit of fun.

In order who were the top 5 contributors to winning the title this year?

1) Bougherra - I think the best player of the year should be numero uno.

2) Boyd - 31 Goals says it all.

3) Davis - up and down but always seemed to chip in with important goals or assists and at just the right time.

4) Miller - (Can't believe i'm saying that) Scored some important goals and put in som big performances. E.g. Tims 4-2 and Aberdeen 2-1.

5) Weir - Title winning captain and one half of best defensive partnership in the league.

(5 was between Weir and Papac. Just plumped for the captain).

It's a toughie because not many players have stood out during the duration of the entire season.

Boogie and Boyd for obvious reasons. Weir would be in there too as he's been absolute rock for us. I''m struggling for 4 and 5.

It's a toughie because not many players have stood out during the duration of the entire season.

Boogie and Boyd for obvious reasons. Weir would be in there too as he's been absolute rock for us. I''m struggling for 4 and 5.

Aye arguably only Boogie has played at a consistently high level all year, and maybe Weir too I guess.

Think McGregor would have been in there easily had he not got himself dropped because of his Scotland antics.

I think Stevie Whittaker and Edu have been top dogs in the last 8 or 9 games.:rfc:

Definitely. Edu's been the best midifielder pretty much since he got a regular starting spot.

The other boys I named have been there all season though.

Whittaker too came onto a game at just the right time.

Good thread for a bit of fun. Over a season its about the squad. Since McGregor and Ferguson got dropped (McGregor had been well up there until then) Alexander had barely kicked a ball and Weir was as solid as ever, yet Alexander came in and did well and Weir rose the challenge of captain.

For me Im going to look at it in team play over the full season.

1) Bougherra - Awesome

2) Davis - Showed glimpses of sheer quality

3) Weir - 39 years old and played so many games and did brilliant as captain

4) Papac - Unsung Hero

5) McGregor - Pips in there for some great performances

Aye, just thought it might be a laugh and get people thinking about the performances over the season.

As Gav points out, there maybe aren't any 5 who absolutely demand a place in the list. I think Boogie might be the only guaranteed pick.

Decent choice there Gribz. :thup:

Even in spite of being dropped for off-field behaviour McGregor wouldn't be far away from the top 5.

1. Bougherra - Scotland's real player of the year. You know he's getting under the tims skin when they start calling him "overrated". A fantastic season. Carlos who?

2. Boyd - Scored the goals that won the league.

3. Papac - Uncomplicated. Unglamourous. League winner.

4. Davis - Made the difference in a number of games. We have a goalscoring midfielder. Huzzah!

5. The Fringe Players - While the mhedia panned us for having a big squad, willing it to bankrupt us, it was being able to introduce players like Velicka, Whittaker and Edu around March/April that got us over the line.

1) Bougherra - Say no more

2) Boyd - There would be no title without his goals

3) Weir - Gave the team a solid base

4) Miller - His partnership with Boyd early in the season and his late season form were crucial

5) Edu - his steel in the run in was vital

Even in spite of being dropped for off-field behaviour McGregor wouldn't be far away from the top 5.

A lot of Rangers fans were calling for McGregor to be dropped at the start of the season as he made some crucial errors. Added to the fact that Alexander was dropped for nothing really.